Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[COLOR=4B0082]Our VERY first egg! My girls are going on 17 weeks old! We have 2 Brown Leghorns, 2 New Hampshire Reds, 1 Buff Orpington, 1 Brahma, 1 Silkie, and 1 Bantam. We know it was one of the New Hampshire Reds, and we are pretty sure, it was Red! We affectionately call them the "twins" or Red and Rosie! We are SOOO excited! She layed 2 in a row, then its been 3 days, and we havent seen anymore since! [/COLOR] [/ Congratulations! It must be so exciting to find your first egg. Mine are at 15 weeks.....!!! I'm getting the nesting boxes ready this weekend.

We got our first egg today! :)
Does anybody know why it's oblong like that?

Our 1st egg. It was laid 6 days ago & we have not had any since. We have 6 hens. They are 19 weeks.

Our first hen started laying two weeks ago. Looks like we have 2 or 3 out of the 4 hens laying now. Here are the first 3 eggs from two weeks ago.

After two weeks of laying!

Weird bullet egg...

And two of my happy hens!

Yesterday it was over a 100 and the hens got creative with their heatwave eggs..one laid in the water bowl and it was shell less, the other one is very thin shell and the other one normal. My Brahmas are almost 9 months, but they are erradic layers. Sometimes perfect and other times, double yokers. Like having Great Danes. They get Oyster Shells in their feed but I may need to try something else. The heat didn't help, because I don't think they eat like they should even though out and about, bugs etc throughout the day. Here's a couple photos of my first heatwave eggs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom