Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is Madonna, she is 14yrs old. Last week she laid 6 eggs, and I thought she was done til I saw she laid 3 in an hidden area under a bench on the North side. She knows that's the coolest place to lay and when she is hiding her eggs, that's where you'll find them. Last time I found a dozen of them under the Pride of Madeira's plants closest to the new hens we'd gotten. Here is a recent photo of her...she's a Blue Ribbon Hen in my eyes! EE Hen

Yesterday it was over a 100 and the hens got creative with their heatwave eggs..one laid in the water bowl and it was shell less, the other one is very thin shell and the other one normal. My Brahmas are almost 9 months, but they are erradic layers. Sometimes perfect and other times, double yokers. Like having Great Danes. They get Oyster Shells in their feed but I may need to try something else. The heat didn't help, because I don't think they eat like they should even though out and about, bugs etc throughout the day. Here's a couple photos of my first heatwave eggs
Wow! Those are some crazy eggs! I would agree that despite your best efforts, they probably just aren't eating much because of the heat.

I
This is Madonna, she is 14yrs old. Last week she laid 6 eggs, and I thought she was done til I saw she laid 3 in an hidden area under a bench on the North side. She knows that's the coolest place to lay and when she is hiding her eggs, that's where you'll find them. Last time I found a dozen of them under the Pride of Madeira's plants closest to the new hens we'd gotten. Here is a recent photo of her...she's a Blue Ribbon Hen in my eyes! EE Hen
I love my EE. They are my fav!

Gabby, my 8 month old Serama just layed her first egg today! I am so proud of her! Looks like a quail egg, lol

We got our first egg Friday!! 17 week old red sex link. She did great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom