Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
I finially get to post my first egg!
celebrate.gif
I believe the girl that gave me this egg is my Peaches (golden sexlink) she will be 21 weeks in two days on the 24 of june. She got all of them a special treat of yogurt and Mulberries off of our trees today. Im so proud of her! Its perfect! shaped great and the color is very pretty light brown!
20212_coop_construction_036.jpg
20212_peaches_first_egg_001.jpg
20212_peaches_first_egg_008.jpg
Her picture was taken when she was 16 weeks old. Im so excited first egg ever from my first chicken ever!
wee.gif
Sandy
I CAN'T WAIT TO GO OUT AND SEE IF THEY LEFT ME AN EGG IN THE MORNING!

Last edited:
35034_may_19_2009_0588_edited-1.jpg

Hello from Granma in Costa Rica. Having a rough time right now with my egg production, but there have been several stressors!

My first few days of eggs from three of my four hens back in March -- big brown "eggs of steel" which were x-large nearly from start from New Hampshire Red Lucy (aka Lucy-fer) and the pale green and pinkish brown (they got bigger 2nd and 3rd day) are from what were supposed to be Ameraucana sisters, but considering their eggs, they must be hybrids. Getting those first eggs was so exciting and must admit it's still a thrill to find 3 or 4 every day now! I love these little girls!
smile.png

21016_img_0002.jpg

Well, I was sold the "Ameraucanas" by a gal on a farm north of here in Petaluma, California -- she has a billion chickens, turkeys, sheep, horses, and whatnot -- what a great place! She told me they were Ameraucana sisters because they have green legs, although otherwise they look nothing a like!
hmm.png
I have since found out elsewhere that this isn't correct and that they're probably hybrids or easter eggers. The one laying the pale green eggs looks quite a bit like an Ameraucana with those ear muffs and similar markings, but her sister looks much more like the Buff Brahma I got at the same time -- same colors and markings, similar heads too, but she doesn't have the feathered legs -- I kind of wonder if they're not the sisters and the chicken lady didn't get mixed up! Who knows....but they're all sweeties, even the sometimes evil Lucy-fer, my little red boss hen!

woot.gif
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! First egg today from one of my BB Rock girls!
sad.png
but the oldset boy grabed it with his greasy fingures so its not photo worthy
sad.png
But I'm still doing the first egg dance
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Last edited:
We are SOOOOO excited! Joey, our science project chick from a Trader Joe's refrigerated fertile egg, laid her own first egg this afternoon. She is 19 weeks and 1 day old. We believe she is a Hy-Line W 36. It is a 1.3 oz white egg.

P1170354.jpg

P1170358.jpg

P1170362.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom