Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
To JenMT - Mine were 15.3 weeks old when we started getting eggs - so anyday now. Good luck.

We have gotten 3 more eggs over weekend (two in one day) so more than 1 of "girls" is laying. Still don't know who. I do know that its not our 2 Americanas or Brown Leghorns since all the eggs are brown. I think it might be our 2 Red Stars.

Again Good Lick it is so exciting to open the door and find the little prizes waiting.!
big_smile.png

Quote:
...and now YOU should find it funny when he finds a store bought egg in each toe of his shoe!!! Ewww, broken eggs in between all his toes.
sickbyc.gif
That'll teach him to mess with YOUR EGGS! LOL
big_smile.png

The first egg laid at our house after the chickens came here to live. It was really cool to pick up that warm egg and know more would come! Unfortunately, we didn't eat the egg because I dropped it and it broke. Hope that wasn't a bad omen!

While we've been getting eggs for a while from my small flock of 13 hens, this is the first one from one of our ameraucanas. The other ameraucana lays blue-green eggs. I was blown away by how small this is!!!!

28332_chcikens_-_eggs_005.jpg

In a small dessert bowl of olives, for comparison. If you didn't know it was there, you'd have a hard time finding it!
28332_chcikens_-_eggs_016.jpg

And this was our largest egg ever...all I can say is "owie!!!"
28332_chcikens_-_eggs_006.jpg

I'm really interested in what my americauna comes up with next. We have a box of extra straw in the front porch and she comes in and sits in it for a little bit every day. I found this little olive beauty there a few days ago. She had been trying to lay for a while...odd, huh?

Quote:
No, just the chickens. And the egg was laid in a box of straw in the porch...when I found it I actually looked up to see if it had fallen out of a bird's nest, but of course saw only porch ceiling. The ameraucana had been sitting in the box, "trying" to lay for days. It's just a sweet little interesting freak of nature...which makes it fit it just fine around here!!!! LOL!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom