Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or... you can use these things called eggies. They're wonderful for boiling fresh eggs! You'll have to look them up online because they're kind of hard to describe.

Yesterday, my 27 week old single comb Cuckoo Marans/EE mix laid her first egg! It was small (as expected), but the color was not what I was expecting...have a look...

No that's not what I would have expected either, but with an EE anything is possible. I have two that lay pinkish/cream eggs. They look exactly like some that lay blue/green eggs. Go figure.

No that's not what I would have expected either, but with an EE anything is possible. I have two that lay pinkish/cream eggs. They look exactly like some that lay blue/green eggs. Go figure.
I wasn't expecting it at all because the man I bought her from told me she was 100% Cuckoo marans, and it wasn't until she started getting her beard and muff that I thought she might be and EE mix. When I told him about it, he was in complete denial that the cross breeding could have happened. Not that I care all that much. She is very pretty and I love her, I just wanted some dark eggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom