Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is a picture of our very first egg one of our ladies layed for us! Was a very exciting moment for our 5yr old daughter :)

First eggs from our 17 week old BCM/RIR cross hen. The one on left is small and the one on right looks like it was squeeeeezed out. Finally, all of the feed & free ranging is paying off!

First eggs from our 17 week old BCM/RIR cross hen. The one on left is small and the one on right looks like it was squeeeeezed out. Finally, all of the feed & free ranging is paying off!

The one on the right looks just like my second egg from my Brown Shavers laid last week. It was a double yolker!! I got another double yolker a couple of days later but that looked just like a "normal" egg. All of mine have been quite small apart from those two! Possibly a size 4 or 5. I'm hoping they won't stop laying for our upcoming winter as they only started laying a week ago and it's now autumn in NZ.

Wow Venus, NZ. A couple of us at work joke around about moving to NZ, two to the north island & one to the South Island. One of my main questions was " wonder how chickens would do there?" Based on many posts, quite successfully. I put the eggs back in the coop to guide them to the proper laying nest, they cracked the egg and it was a double yoke also. Great to hear from you

one of my leghorns was screaming her head off this afternoon and i realized this was why! the right one is from a full grown leghorn for size comparison
clap.gif
Just in time for Easter!!

Welcome Ian, Try adding oyster shells to their diet to help with the hardness of the shells. Great pictures and welcome.

thanks for the advice, it was just that first egg, the other 5 ive had this week are all perfect in egg shell quality
and all have grown by apx 2mm each day.
I'm guessing by the 5th april they will be a good sized egg.. lovely mid-brown shell color,

must of just been the first egg that came out with none?

ill pick some up just incase it happens with the others when they start laying in the next week or so im guessing :) woop woop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom