Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
Here's a pic of our first egg...our new member of the family, Big Mama, a barred rock gave us our first egg. This is my 3 yr old, Tyler, getting the egg out of the nest!

15898_p1010304.jpg

big_smile.png
These came in quick succession...
100_0662.jpg

Believe it or not, the bigger one is the FIRST!

They are from Lt Brahmas, 21 weeks old. A little earlier than I expected, but OH SO EGGCITING!

We got our first egg today from our 19 1/2 week old buff orpington, Scuttlebutt! Yippee!! Here it is compared to a large store bought egg. Scuttlebutt's is on the right. tee hee.

firstegg.jpg

Chicken Stalker: your black hen looks a lot like my black australorps. Does she have a green sheen to her feathers? I am no expert, but she just looks a lot like my girls.

I am having sooo much fun reading everyones posts and looking at the pictures of their first eggs. The happy looks of joy on the kids' faces is beyond precious. What wonderful memories. When they grow up and have families of their own they will no doubt remember their own youth with such photos. Thanks again for sharing - keep the great posts coming!!!

P.S. we are now on egg #3, and since we found eggs 2 days in a row I am suspecting that a second hen has started to lay. I am super excited about that. At peak season we ought to get 2 dozen eggs a week. Unless we get another 1/2 doz. chicks like I want to.
wink.png

Our pullets just started laying two days ago --- we were thrilled!
20081023egg.jpg

We think this was from our Golden Comets since I watched another Golden Comet pullet lay one just like it the next day. But we also have a White Cochin and three Plymouth Rocks in the tractor, so can't be sure! Since then, we've had four more pullet eggs!

My first egg arrived on 10/24/2008 (left egg) Second arrived this morning. It was like Christmas around here the first morning with everyone yelling and going to the coop. This is so much fun.
17033_firsteggs.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom