Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Had a pullet from my mixed flock lay her first egg today. I've only got 1 other one laying right now and I know it wasn't her since I'd just taken her egg in the morning. Whoever it was layed it right after I left in the afternoon to pick blackberries. The little stinker. It had a pretty thin shell and funny speckles from the inecperienced sprayer. Hehe. They've been getting layer feed. I started the oyster shell as soon as I saw this fragile little thing. How long does that usually take to work?

Hahaha@ sprayer! I joke that my EE hen ran outta ink...super pale light green almost white. Some days looks white! Ink-lo is her name lol
After two soft eggs my BR pullet started regular eggs with firm shells. At point of lay calcium is absorbed pretty fast, I wouldn't worry, she's just working out the kinks.

Had a pullet from my mixed flock lay her first egg today. I've only got 1 other one laying right now and I know it wasn't her since I'd just taken her egg in the morning. Whoever it was layed it right after I left in the afternoon to pick blackberries. The little stinker. It had a pretty thin shell and funny speckles from the inecperienced sprayer. Hehe. They've been getting layer feed. I started the oyster shell as soon as I saw this fragile little thing. How long does that usually take to work?

We have 4 protuction reds i think. Well it's been 19 1/2 weeks and still no eggs. I'm starting to wonder if were ever going to have any eggs. Any ideas why or is it just not time yet. We also have some Rhode island reds but their only 14 weeks old and not expecting any eggs till at less 18 weeks.

We have 4 protuction reds i think. Well it's been 19 1/2 weeks and still no eggs. I'm starting to wonder if were ever going to have any eggs. Any ideas why or is it just not time yet. We also have some Rhode island reds but their only 14 weeks old and not expecting any eggs till at less 18 weeks.
My Light Brahmas weren't laying good eggs til late in 7months..at 8months daily good hard shells. Hopefully you'll see some soon...it's great when they finally lay them.

Amen to that! Hopefully soon, it's just disappointing ever morning. But I know they eeeeventuallyyyyy. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom