Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is our first week (the back row) next to some store bought jumbos (the front row). The one on the far right is the first one we got.

I think only one of our three hens is laying so far and she seems to lay around noon time; except the first one, which was waiting for me in the morning.

When we got our very first egg, a year ago this October, my two sons and I were very excited, came into the house, cooked it up and ate it! Yummy! I don't recall taking a picture, however, this is a picture of our very first blue egg, which was very exciting! We have had our chickens for just over a year and are enjoying them very much! :)

I went to the coop this morning to rake the bedding and I found 5 of these perfect little eggs from my 15 wk old Americauna...exciting to just find these, I was planning on opening the nesting boxes today in case the girls were going to get interested in laying soon.
They were delicious!,
Very nice!

Eek! I have to come here. Everyone else is giving me the crazy look I am so excited!

First time owning chickens and ducks (2 chickens 2 ducks) and my first egg ever!

After the week I have had (putting my 13yo dog down) this was a lovely, lovely surprise.

It's so tiny! haha, now we need to work on size.

It is from one of my Silver Laced Wyandotte's

Got our first REAL chicken eggs today.. Not guinea eggs this time.. I'm disappointed though
iymvr8.jpg

I went and bought oyster shell. These two were laid off the roost. A third egg was laid after these but it was shell-less and even smaller. Are these two from different girls? Or would being soft shelled contribute to the difference in color?

Martha, my 4 month old Golden Comet, is my first 2013 hen to start laying. As you can see, she's starting to get it right!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom