Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
Quote:
THAT is a bantam egg????
th.gif
I have one bantam. She hasn't started laying yet and I was expecting to find a tiny bird egg looking thing one day!!

So mine are a little delayed, but I still remember the excitement! Alright, who am I kidding, every day is excitement!

First eggs, back in September
small and speckled - EE "Frodette"
larger and brown - BR "Victoria"

20002_dsc_4816_medium.jpg

Next was in November
green egg from EE "L.C. aka Elsie" compared next to an egg from Victoria

20002_lc.jpg

And finally, an average dozen. I have been getting a dozen every 5 days from the three that are laying.

20002_eggs.jpg

Yay! I'm so glad this forum is here so I can dork out around people who understand just how exciting this is!
love.gif

My chickens are laying eggs. I have had one each day for three days. So cool. I put some light in for them to make the day longer, and a little in the morning.

Well this is a bit late but I just noticed this thread... getting back to BYC after being occupied with a new job and moving for a few months.
big_smile.png

7546_chicks_firstegg.jpg

I don't know which one laid it, but it came from one of the butts you see in this photo.
7546_20080726_005.jpg

Olivia's first egg (at my place--she was laying b/f I got her). This was from last year:

192347212.jpg

And when I finally caught Clarice, who was living wild b/c the former neighbors had abandoned her, she was roosting in a tree and had a nest full of unfertilized eggs beneath it. I collected them so I could get a pic and then put them out in the woods for the critters.

190672293.jpg

Since I can't figure out how to add a photo onto here
he.gif
, just going to give y'all a link: http://flickr.com/photos/funkymamataney/3154115083/in/set-72157606753521348/ ~On 12/29 we got our first blue egg!!
And here is a link for my blog that has a photo of our very first egg (from LadyBird, our Buff Orpington): http://thebluenymph.blogspot.com/2008/09/surpises-slow-food.html
I
added it up and we've gotten a total of 72 eggs this year since the first on Sept. 9th. Would've been more but we lost one of the two that were laying early on, then we had an attack that caused the other to quit for 3 weeks. It's only been in the last week that more than 1 of our 6 hens has decided to start. Now we have at least 3 hens laying. So, here's to lots more eggs in 2009!!!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!
wee.gif

here is my egg
big_smile.png

we went away from sunday to today, came back to find this one:

we suspect it's our 23 week old black australorp

egg.jpg

YES!! There it is, THANK YOU!!!
ya.gif
Shannon, our soon-to-be 5 year old, is the one holding it. He has been especially excited about the arrival of the blue eggs, as has his little brother.
Congrats on your new egg as well!
woot.gif
:clap

Last edited:
I'd given up that I'd have any eggs before the Spring. So imagine my surprise when I looked in the nesting boxes on the 20th and there were 4 eggs and Agnes (my Aracauna) was laying a 5th!! Hooray!! As you can see we wasted no time in frying them up for a yummy brunch!!
14629_aracauna_eggs.jpg

14629_yummy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom