Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I officially have 4 layers! And our basket is more colorful than I expected it to me. I really thought we'd have all the same color and I wouldn't be able to tell them apart. My BA and BR eggs are only a shade different but I can tell the difference! From left to right... BA-Penguin, ee-Snowball, Nh-Brownie, and BR - SNUGGLES

LOVE it!

Don't worry! They will know where to go! Mine do the same thing. I open the door in the morning and boom they are off! They don't come back until dusk, even the ducks do the same. But....my two hens that are laying now, they both came back to do their business and then once they sang their egg song, boom they ran off again! I keep food and water in the coop to encourage them to return, I think you should maybe do the same depending on your flocks needs. Another insurance you could do is to lock them up in the coop for atleast 2-3 days solid and that should help them locating nesting boxes. Hope it helps and hoping for your first egg soon! Mine laid at 22 weeks, Black sex link and Appenzeller.

Thank you! The main feeder and water is inside of the coop. The older chickens prefer this. However, the feeder has an issue where the pellets don't drop through, so the trough gets empty. Once that gets fixed I may have more success with them using it.

They get along with the older chickens without pecking, but I also think they prefer to be away from them. I feel like I'm caring for two separate flocks--one in the coop, one in the run!

I hope I will have the experience you described when they begin to lay.

Oh my, I finally got my first egg today! Almost 24wk old barred rock. I'm about in tears! And she layed it in the nest box right next to the fake egg! I'm the happiest chicken mama!

We got our first egg yesterday!! I think it's one of our buff orpingtons'. So cute and perfect I might blow it out and keep the shell ^_^

excuse my stupid foot btw

We got our first egg yesterday!! I think it's one of our buff orpingtons'. So cute and perfect I might blow it out and keep the shell ^_^ excuse my stupid foot btw
congrats on the egg, looks beautiful! Btw I see you are wearing a sweater, I just find it funny because we are still in the 100s here, not even close to sweater weather. The beginning of the week we had cloud cover and it felt cooler but oh my gosh was it hot today. My poor girls, hopefully they only have to deal with this heat for a few more weeks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom