Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
14396_egg.jpg

got my first egg two days ago and even had one more that night and the rest have started too

Our very first egg!!
ya.gif

We have five hens and one Roo..three of our girls are BA and the "rescue" girls & Roo are BA crosses of some sort.
I'm really impressed by the size of this first egg, all the girls are young, not sure exactly how old they are, but this egg is as large as the brown ones I brought home from the store today. Oh YIPEE!!!

20708_first_egg_12_january_09.jpg

Yesterday, I spent the entire evening looking through the posts on sexing silkies and got pretty frantic, thinking the hens I got at two months old may indeed be roosters! I've grown so close to them that I couldn't imagine having to part with either since I live in a small, but quiet, suburban community and a rooster would not be welcome!

Then, this morning, all that squawking (and what I thought was practice crowing) was my hen trying to lay her first egg. Did I tell you that I'm a newbie? LOL. I guess I was worrying for nothing! So, here's Lily's first egg. That's her, the white one.

3192916657_37435722b6.jpg

3192916641_fc57d82e0b.jpg

Betsy's the white leghorn, been laying since Christmas Eve. Sara is the RIR, laid her first egg (pictured with one of Betsy's from the same day, and a supermarket egg) on Jan 4th. They were both 21 weeks old on New Year's Day!

14149_eggs.jpg

Our first egg laid about a week ago from our Easter Eggers. Here it is next to a supermarket egg. The girls are almost 8 months old so they really held out on us but we only added a light to the coop last month so hopefully that's why! We're so proud!

Eggcomparison.jpg

Last edited:
yay, i just got my first egg. i think its from my rir. finally after 22 weeks I got one. its really tiny. kinda weird cause it feels so much heavier from a normal grocery store eggs especially at such a small size.

firstegg1-14-09.jpg

Our BR hen finally laid her first egg on January 6, 2009, and it was a double yolker... She has since laid 9 eggs in 10 days. Sweet.

14048_first_egg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom