Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Found these 2 eggs behind a bush yesterday where i spotted my big white hen, Chick Pea hiding! These r actually her 2nd and 3rd egg...the first one came about 3 1/2 weeks ago right before a traumatic incident where she had to be brought inside the house for awhile to heal! So glad to see shes feeling better and actually laying eggs...big eggs too! Bonus!!

season1223, What beautiful big eggs! Good for Chick Pea. Hope she's 100% now... probably is since she is laying again. Have fun collecting eggs; I do... Kay in NC

We got our first two eggs today! My head honcho girl, Margaery the Easter Egger, laid no shell eggs on the floor of the coop and outside. My dog tried to eat one of them so the yolk went every where, but I'm so excited! I think it's super cool how they're already blue even though they're not hard! I definitely need to get some oyster shells

stuntey, Wow! That looks like a good sized egg to me. Your layer is off to a good start. My first egg was small but gradually they're getting bigger. It's a lovely egg. What breed laid it? Kay in NC

Thanks! I was quite impressed. I didn't expect the shell to be so thick either! I'm honestly not sure which of my girls played it. It was either a barred rock or a leghorn. The second one the next day wasn't quite as big. We're out in Colorado .. I was starting to wonder if we were gonna see eggs before the cold set in. No egg today.. temps dropped about 20 degrees.

Egg #4 from Chick Pea & i just found out that shes a White Rock hen (at least im pretty sure)! The eggs just keep gettin bigger! My duck just started laying eggs too but her eggs aren't as big as chick peas! Soooo proud of my girls!

Cali, my California White hen started laying at 16 weeks. Her first egg took me by surprise, as I still had the nest boxes closed up. I opened them that day and she has layed an egg everyday except 3 since then. My smallest hen too.

First egg!!! Lighter is the ceramic egg I used to show our buff Orpington girls where to do their business.

So excited!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom