Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

First egg from our pullets that hatched at the end of March! The bigger egg is from our Leghorn that lays daily. The smaller egg is from one of the pretty ladies here: Nancy (top right), Audrey (bottom left) or Tweety (bottom right). My money is on Tweety. Her comb is redder than the others and she was the one I have seen doing the egg squats.

Our first two eggs from our 6 RIRs. Our Roos have been all over the girls tho so we are going to have to get rid of one.
1f614.png
They are both pinning the hens at the same time and double teaming them.
1f616.png
The eggs I've cracked so far have been fertilized.

Eggs from the past two days. The egg on the left with the crack has been almost falling into itself. Any ideas why this is happening???

First Eggs! 2! Today! :) Buff Orpingtons (I assume, but could be from the Black Sex Link, but I doubt it) @ 21 weeks 8/3/16

I got my first eggs! I have thirteen hens, all different kinds, and my naked neck is the rock star layer so far. Her first egg was two days before she turned 19 weeks old! I thought the silver spangled hamburgs would be first, but so far I have three eggs from the naked neck in just four days and none from the other hens. She is still working out the kinks...the big one had two yolks and the small one is smaller than store bought eggs.

This is the second egg I forgot to get a pic of the first!! but the first it was a double yolker!(super delicious) The first one was laid right after we finished the laying boxes Blondie decided it was the perfect time
roll.png

First egg from our new batch of home hatched chicks. This egg is from a bought chick though.
None of the others have started laying yet. What will I do about feeding? I don't want to put all of them on layers pellets but don't want this little girl having issues because she's not on layers. Any ideas?
Thanks

A starter is fine for the whole flock just make sure you offer free choice oyster shell or crushed egg shells for calcium for the older girl(s). They'll eat what they need when they need it.
263a.png

This was such an exciting day for me. I went out into the coop, opened the nest boxes and NOTHING. I told my chickens they were becoming free-loading slackers. ;-) Then when I went into the run to check on their food and water, I spotted this brown gem out of the corner of my eye. I rant into the house hootin' and hollering. I nearly cried with excitement. Such a blessing to see my little dream come true.

Even my sweet Leila (my doggy) was excited for me.

This egg is from my Golden Sex Link, Terrie. I have four other chickens (different breeds) but none of them are laying yet.

This was such an exciting day for me. I went out into the coop, opened the nest boxes and NOTHING. I told my chickens they were becoming free-loading slackers. ;-) Then when I went into the run to check on their food and water, I spotted this brown gem out of the corner of my eye. I rant into the house hootin' and hollering. I nearly cried with excitement. Such a blessing to see my little dream come true. Even my sweet Leila (my doggy) was excited for me. This egg is from my Golden Sex Link, Terrie. I have four other chickens (different breeds) but none of them are laying yet.
Exciting!!!! Wait till you have this excitement every single day!!!

I am smiling after reading several posts re first egg
tongue.png
. I really do understand your excitement in finding that first egg; it makes you feel proud and that you did something right with your girls (at least that's how I feel every time I collect eggs). Yep, every day I enjoy going to the chicken house to see how many eggs I'll find. Congrats everyone on your first egg!! Kay in NC 8 6 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom