Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
Quote:
Pretty egg
big_smile.png

33100_hpim5321.jpg

Miss Pearl paid her rent within a few hours of settling in to her new home, especially impressive after a 60 mile drive to reach her new digs!
33100_hpim5343jpg2.jpg

Hi, New member here...so a little background. Hubby went wild when I said I wanted chicks to raise into egg layers, and within 3 months, we have over 80 chickens. I dont have an exact count as the dern things keep moving on me! LOL Anyway, he brought home hens already laying, so I didnt count them as first eggs.

This morning, I gathered the usual 2 eggs from what are supposed to be molting silver spangled hamburgs. This evening I found this little bitty brown egg laying on the ground.

33197_chickens_008.jpg

I suspect it is from one of these buff orpington pullets.

33197_chickens_019.jpg

They cant be much over 3 months old, but the SSH's lay slightly larger whiter eggs.

Calling it my first anyway! Should I move the possible layers into the pen with the rest of my laying / older flock?

Steffy

Quote:
pretty girl and egg what kind is she its a b.o right

Yes, she's a buff orp, but she didn't show me any love today, the other two that came with her are still holding out !!
lol.png

Calling it my first anyway! Should I move the possible layers into the pen with the rest of my laying / older flock?

We have 6 week olds that we are considering moving in with the older hens soon. I would think at 3 months you'd be okay. I have read on here that at 10 weeks they are old enough to free range - (I can hardly wait for that! ) so one would think that at 3 months they'd be fine to be with the big girls. We are also new at this. We bought 9 layers and then 16 peepers so I have learned LOTS from this forum!​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom