Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
lau.gif
too funny!! And Yay!!! for all your 1st eggs!!

someone decided that 26 weeks is a good time to start. One egg yesterday in the afternoon, Id been looking every morning and afternoon for the last few weeks. Yesterday I went to put everyone up got them in the coop closed the door and happened to notice an egg in the box. The bird that laid it moved the bedding away and the egg dropped on the board cracking the narrow end. Today I get home and found two warm eggs in separate boxes. I was concerned that they had been laying outside of the coop since they free range from 8am to dark, appears someone figured it out. Is this a normal size egg for a wyandotte or australorp? Those aren't spots on the eggs, I forgot to clean my camera lens again.

2011Sep28_2173_edited-1.jpg

This is our first egg and it came from a BR that we got two weeks ago. I just found the egg a few minutes ago but left it for my son to discover. He'll be so excited.

woot.gif

95321_rscn6858.jpg

Don't think I have enough posts to attach a photo, and imgur isn working for me right now, but we have an egg! 24.5 week Welsummer laid one around noon. She was hanging out inn the nesting box for a while, and I figured she was probably practicing. I go and check, lo and behold, a perfect little speck-ly egg! One I just need the other 4 that age to start!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom