Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We haven't posted any of our first ones egg-cept the wee one from the other day... but all of these are so beautiful that DH keeps asking how much to add on to the coop in the spring lol

So heres the story...

I went to go check on my chickens like i do almost everyday, and i noticed one of our Barred Plymouth Rocks (Fanciu) was missing!! I was very concerned so I went inside to get my little sisters to come help look for her. Then one of my sisters came up to me with Fanciu in her hands and said "I found her she was in her coop in the nestbox" I quickly said go put her back in NOW, since she was still a pullet. about 10 mins later I went outside and checked her nestbox and this is what i saw!!

99180_335706_1690906569989_1757491620_807056_1504439037_o.jpg

Congrats Fanciu on your first EVER egg!

Last edited:
I am so proud of my Big Bertha...shes all grown up. I hound an egg 2 days ago and was so excited...nothing yesterday, but today when I went out to the coop I saw her sitting in a little spot, watched her, and when she got up saw a warm egg waiting for me. I looked a little closer and found 3 more barried in the shavings. I know she is the only one laying. She doesnt sing an egg song though so I had no idea
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
woot.gif
woot.gif
woot.gif
D.gif
D.gif
D.gif

Here she is

IMG_1108.jpg

Here is the Big girl working on an egg for me this morning

bertha1photo.jpg

Here is what I thought was our first egg next to an XL store egg. Sadly it fell off the counter that night and broke
hit.gif

bertha2photo.jpg

And here is what I found today

berthaphoto.jpg

Here is the first green egg from our Easter Egger (Cadbury) Then a picture of the eggs that Cadbury and Chica (our Australorp) have been laying.

88804_dec_2011_001.jpg

88804_dec_2011_005.jpg

I haven't posted much so BYC won't let me post pics yet, but SO EXCITED!!! Ours are 5 1/2 months old - we've been looking for the first egg for weeks now. My hubby found it this morning! Beautiful light brown egg - it was perfect. I came home later and checked on them and there was another egg! Not a few hours later! Could 2 of our hens really have started laying the same day?? They are all different breeds - it seems so crazy!

Today we had 1 more egg.

Now we just have to get them to lay in their nest box...tips??

They are laying on their perch and eggs are landing on their poop board.

SO FUN AND EXCITING TO HAVE EGGS!!! We aren't sure who is laying but know it's not our Easter Egger...

WOO HOO!!!
Jen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom