Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
These little ladies are the youngest of my flock, but seem to be the only ones laying!

10505_picture_007.jpg

I kept hearing those egg-laying noises, but never saw anything when I went out to the coop......they definitely did a good job making secret nests. I thought there was finally one egg in there....but on closer inspection there were SIX!

10505_img_14531.jpg

10505_img_14541.jpg

The first egg from my 28 week old Buff Orpington. She laid on on Monday and another yesterday. Skipped today, so we will see what tomorrow brings. Have three other pullets squatting now, so it is getting exciting around here.
95243_first_egg.jpg

Ok, here is our VERY first egg Nov.6, from our Maria BR:
70619_our_first_-_maria_2.jpg

Our PR, Katherine, lay next but my son ate the egg before I could capture a shot of it. Next was Missy, our GLW, dated Nov.21:
70619_100_0066.jpg

Penny, my BJG. What an ordeal THAT was. The nesting box was too small and not deep enough for her. She had chucked out ALL of the nesting material and was squawking up a storm. I frantically built the wall higher and put more straw in it for her. THAT did it, it was perfect for her now:
70619_100_0151.jpg

Finally our Illaine, Americauna, lay. SHE is SO freakin' noisy when she needs to lay! OMGosh! I actually put her in the nest and lock the door to the coop sometimes, just to shut her up!

Last edited:
Here are my first egg pics. She lays an egg about every other day, then waits about a week then lays another 3 or 4 and waits a week.
big_smile.png

57085_2011_1118eggsfall20110001.jpg

I woke up this morning to this cute little package on my table:
SU1HMDAxMjgtMjAxMTEyMzAtMDgxNS5qcGc.jpg

And I opened it to find.... drum roll please.....
SU1HMDAxMjktMjAxMTEyMzAtMDgxNi5qcGc.jpg

Another shot of our first PERFECT egg:
SU1HMDAxMzAtMjAxMTEyMzAtMDgxNy5qcGc.jpg

And now the biggest surprise of all:
SU1HMDAxMzEtMjAxMTEyMzAtMDgzMi5qcGc.jpg

We were really surprised that we got our first egg this quickly! We have 20 hens and they are only 17 weeks old! They came the first of September.

One of my 4 little ones laid an egg this morning... I can't for the life of me figure out which one, but I can rule out Clover because she's not red enough in the comb. My EE is 23 weeks, and I am kind of expecting colored eggs from her, as she has the pea comb/muff/green legs, but I know there are some EEs who have all those and still lay brown eggs. So it could be her, or Violet or Raindrop, who are somewhere between 23 and 20 weeks. Not sure yet.... But it's a gorgeous, perfect little thing...
3796_img_0904.jpg

3796_img_0905.jpg

Quote:
love that color! I wouldn't be disappointed at all if one of my EE pullets ends up with eggs like this. I've got a ton of blue and green ones, I really want pinkish!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom