Post Your Game Cam Pics Here!!!

We've tried marshmallows in the past. The raccoons can get them out through the bars. What works for us is a tin of sardines, opened halfway. We drill two holes straight through the can and attach it to the trap with zip ties. We also put a cinder block on the side to block their reach and one on top to make it harder to move. The other side is against the fence and the back is against a wall. If they want the bait, their only choice is to go inside! I wonder if this guy who visited last night is the one (back when we thought we only had one) that stole the bait every night for a week until we bought the bigger trap! If necessary, I'll try a tablecloth, candles, and soft music!

Then, try marshmallow creme in something they can't get out. Probably be a sticky mess, but hey, might be worth a try.

We've tried marshmallows in the past. The raccoons can get them out through the bars. What works for us is a tin of sardines, opened halfway. We drill two holes straight through the can and attach it to the trap with zip ties. We also put a cinder block on the side to block their reach and one on top to make it harder to move. The other side is against the fence and the back is against a wall. If they want the bait, their only choice is to go inside! I wonder if this guy who visited last night is the one (back when we thought we only had one) that stole the bait every night for a week until we bought the bigger trap! If necessary, I'll try a tablecloth, candles, and soft music!
That sounds pretty good...I'd cover the trap up more...all but the opening he needs to go thru.

Then, try marshmallow creme in something they can't get out. Probably be a sticky mess, but hey, might be worth a try.
[/quote]

Good idea - I hadn't thought of marshmallow cream. Tonight we're trying the sardines again.

Not exactly what I was fishin' for!

Not exactly what I was fishin' for!

Haha! Well, good to get rid of that anyway.
That's where the sweet bait helps, I think only raccoons go after the sweet stuff.
I would further 'disguise' the trap by piling more block or bales of hay/straw around it.....
.....on the back and top so you don't cover up your camera visuals.

Last edited:
Had an incident with dogs getting INSIDE my perimeter fence this morning. Was woken up by a shotgun blast and saw both dogs running for their lives from my position up on the deck. Anyway, checked the game cam later, just in case, and sure enough, caught one on the game cam, clearly inside the fence. And last night's deer pics and one of me starting the trek around the property to see if I could locate the dogs, with big stick and walkie-talkie on board.

Back
Top Bottom