Post Your Game Cam Pics Here!!!

Well, they were back this morning. I saw them in person and chased them off, but then, when I downloaded my cam again, there they were, earlier in the morning. I am being lambasted for posting on a local FB yard sale site asking for the owner of the dogs, if missing or just roaming, to show up, that they are here if they are missing and if they are just roaming and get into my fence, they are in mortal danger of being shot. Boy, I was called everything in the book, accused of things, threatened, etc....and by folks who don't know the dogs or the owner.
Should have known no good deed goes unpunished, eh? Well, enough. I will take down the post and if we have to defend our livestock with deadly force, the owner will just never know what happened to the dogs.
S.S.S.
wink.png

Last edited:
Honey, you're singing my song. I tried to do something good (though nothing says I had to), met a brick wall, then eliminated the courtesy post. No more about it.

Of course, we all know, if a dog growls at you, he made a threatening move and the law kicks in that protects my next move. Poor Ladyhawk (Cetawin on BYC, for those who don't know her) had to revoke the birth certificates of at least three Rotties from the same neighbor, who just never learned, just kept replacing them and letting the new one run free. The last one was in Ladyhawk's barn, head lowered, growling at her husband, her armed husband. Gone. Same neighbor still turns out his beagles to bay all night long and run game every night. Can you say DENSE? One of the Rotties was caught in the act, chicken in mouth, shot by a deputy who then delivered the dead dog back to the neighbor, with a warning that he was never to retaliate. And still, the beagles run and keep her up at night. What the heck is wrong with people?

I opened the thread about these dogs here, in case there is more discussion needed, more story to tell: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1137177/roaming-dogs-caught-on-game-camera-several-times

Last edited:
Well, we know folks who let dogs run loose have very little logic...and you can't fix stupid.
Announcing the elimination of dogs can target you to those folks, who may also have guns.
Exactamundo. I certainly would never locally announce that I had shot a dog, complete with graphic photos, as I've seen some do. That is nuts. I mean, since I have zero idea whose dogs they are, it would do no good anyway other than to put a nice target on my back and invite more abuse. If I saw someone posting, "Rover is Missing" and recognized the picture, then I'd know, but you think I'd volunteer the information? About as much as I did when my fenced dog kept killing cats that jumped into his fenced yard in our last neighborhood. The flyer would eventually be put on the doors, "Have you seen Fluffy?". Um, yeah, but I ain't tellin'. My dog was contained as he always was. Cat did not jump back out the way it came in so my Cody (affectionately known as The Jaws of Death) dispatched Fluffy in one second flat. He did it one after the other.

Back
Top Bottom