Post Your Game Cam Pics Here!!!

Not sure, might have to sit out.
Even if you knew who, would the cops do anything about it?
It depends, if I can get a video of them speeding by with my speed gun , I might have a go at it. There's very few people living here, I can find the truck myself and ask them to slow down. Which probably won't work.

We are on a dead end road. Originally we were the only house on the road but over the years some people have bought property behind us and built homes. They really go like hell and it's a dirt road. There were getting to be ruts in the road so then they decided to drive on the edge of our property. I contacted the county to fix the road and what did the county do but put up a "slow down" sign. It didn't work the people still raced down the road. The county did eventually pave the part up to our driveway and the people mostly drive fast. We asked the paving company to extend the paved part. Years ago they put recycled asphalt down but not up as far and when it rained it eventually washed it out. Now the water will go in the opposite direction so it hasn't washed the road out this time. Driving over the edge of the asphalt breaks it off as the people drive over it. You can see the jagged edge.
01070002LP 05.jpg

It depends, if I can get a video of them speeding by with my speed gun , I might have a go at it. There's very few people living here, I can find the truck myself and ask them to slow down. Which probably won't work.
You have a speed gun?!!
I'd give the vid to the cops, approaching the person yourself could be dangerous.
Maybe put a sign out near the area. "PLEASE SLOW DOWN"

Hi there, does anybody know whether a game camera would be quick/clear enough to get a picture of a licence plate of a truck that barrels down my rural road at night? I have two Wild game innovations, cameras, they both take great night pictures. Or can someone recommend something better? Thank you!
Reconyx makes a license plate camera specifically designed to capture plates at night, the HL2X. It's pricey, though, at over $400.

Normal night vision cameras are over-exposed for the plates, making them hard to read. The Reconyx camera under-exposes normal night pictures, but in exchange it can capture the characters on the plate. It also has a video mode.

One of my cameras out at the outer coops has been going off most nights but nothing has show up in the pictures. Of course last night the camera went off again but it was foggy but I did get a coyote.
DSCF0001None14 06.jpg

It's hard to tell from this picture but it was more visible in the video.
DSCF0002118 02.jpg

That owl is cool! My husband said he heard what sounded like a pack of dogs during the night so he asked me to download the game cams. I did four of the five and picked a pic or two so you could judge the difference in quality. I noticed that at times, the Victure actually flashes like a flash bulb, which I've never seen before, very odd to me. Maybe I just missed that on other cameras, but my security camera that points at the barn caught it during mid-flash when a deer walked in front of it.

Four pics from the Apeman compact camera:
IMAG0118.JPG IMAG0148.JPG IMAG0159.JPG IMAG0075.JPG
Then the SAVA-cam, just one. Always a good picture.

DSCF0053.JPG

Victure, the worst one, but on a very clear night with its odd flash, it's not too bad.
IMAG0031.JPG

And finally, the newest that cmom and I both got recently. This one is great. Even in fog and snow, it does a great job, the Zimoce.
DSCF0073.JPG
DSCF0367.JPG

My security cam catching the Victure's flash. Is this normal? So weird. Just look straight ahead on the video and you'll see what I mean.

Yes, normal. I have had that happen to me too. You must have it set to take pictures so you'll see a flash when something sets it off from another cameras view.

Just seemed excessively bright to me. Never saw the others do that. Oh, well, poor Victure needs all the help it can get, LOL. I got a ton of possum, rabbit and squirrel pictures, plus the ubiquitous deer...so....many....deer. Not sure what my husband heard. I also heard something in a distance while reading in bed, but was too far away to know if it was dogs or coyotes. Even the one I didn't download, I checked the screen and it had only a few pics, but just deer.

Back
Top Bottom