Post your Khaki Campbells!

Empera

Songster
10 Years
Jan 27, 2009
Issaquah, WA
Thanks to nivtup, I have 4 beautiful khaki campbell ducklings! (I'll get pictures later) I think I have one male and three females due to the distinct noises the male makes from the females. Loud (female) vs. raspy (male). If not, I'll be thrilled even if I have all males or any combination!

But I was wondering how fast they grow, and wanted pictures of all stages of your khakis, young to old! So please post all the pictures you want, and even irrelevant ones.

big_smile.png

Last edited:
I think my khakis are about a year old. I got them as adults.
1002238jy6.jpg

My drake, Jack
1002139vz4.jpg

Janet, Chrissy (a runner) and Jack
1002381es1.jpg

Janet rehabbing in the spa (injured leg)

I got a pair last June. They grow pretty fast but it took longer for them to feather out than my chicks. My female just started to lay eggs last week!

PatandLeo4.jpg

ducklingsjuly2.jpg

KCDucksJuly9.jpg

4ducks4.jpg

Quote:
Thanks! The ducklings I have are 6-8 days old now, so I have quite a ways until they get that large, I believe.
idunno.gif

&& in your last picture, that pond looks great! I'm jealous haha. They all look very happy with their setup.

Quote:
Thanks! The ducklings I have are 6-8 days old now, so I have quite a ways until they get that large, I believe.
idunno.gif

&& in your last picture, that pond looks great! I'm jealous haha. They all look very happy with their setup.

They'd better look happy! That used to be my water garden. I got sick of emptying kiddy pools and let them in it. We're going to try to improve the filtration system this year.
Right now the little pond is frozen over. But it's raining today and they're all out there bathing in the puddles. Ducks are so entertaining!

As we type, she is standing in the middle of the yard quacking her fool head of at NOTHING. I think she just likes the sound of her own voice.
1002245ld6.jpg

Lana the mouthy buff duck

Back
Top Bottom