Post your ''Other'' Uses for feed bags

Quote:
you are SO my hero today, Great Ideas!

we use them for collecting the twine from hay bales... another animal feed byproduct that accumulates in endless amounts.
also:
lining the brooder bottom
lining the kennel pan on my dog crates
instead of garbage bags for yard cleanup (will stand up to branches and things better anyway)
bagging cut grass to toss in to the critters
lining the shelving we use for storing pumpkins and winter squash
cleaning out the kennel
protecting an emergency tarp cover from sharp corners of things underneath it
weather flap in an open small animal door in the shed
the paper ones: fire starters, good for charcoal grills and my bee smoker

and my favorite... as a bug hider.
place it on the ground, add a couple of bricks to hold it down. come back in a couple of days, pick it up and look at all the bugs hiding! especially fun if you call the chickens before you lift it up...

I make, and sell, these at the Feed store at Christmas time...

feedbagstockings.jpg

I used some of ours (two layers of paper) as a base layer/weed block in a lasagna garden bed I started. I plan on using more in the spring as weed blocks between my raised beds.

your growing pasta????​

We used them today for custmers who bought chickens from us and didn't have anything with them to get the chickens home the (paper ones) with holes in them for air. I also use the paper ones for weed blocks.

Quote:
your growing pasta????

yuckyuck.gif

If you're serious, it's a method of layering cardboard/newspaper, your compostable food scraps, cut grass, leaves, etc. where you want to plant a garden and planting directly into it. No digging, no tilling, no weeds! If not, that is witty response
clap.gif

Back
Top Bottom