Post your ''Other'' Uses for feed bags

Pics

rebel-rousing-at-night

Crowing
13 Years
Oct 16, 2010
Appalachian Rain Forest
I saw earlier today someone wanting empty feed bags.

People were saying some of the things they used their empty feed bags for and there were some great uses.

Please post here how you use your empty feed bags.

I love new ideals.
big_smile.png

One of the things I use the empties for is trash bags.

Post your uses:

They work great for earth bag construction. You can build everything from raised planter boxes to houses out of earth bags. If you have a good mix of clay/sand soil like us, the fill is already on hand. All you need are the feed bags, some barbed wire, and some stucco mix or lime plaster (also made from good clay/sand mix and lime) to finish the completed structure with. I am currently saving bags to build a "storm proof" barn. If we need more bags when we're ready to begin the project, we'll buy recycled woven poly bags off ebay. Not only will the barn be extra strong (think army bunker strength) but we'll be using all recycled and local materials, a win/win in my opinion.

Makeover for hanging Tomato cage...

This is one of my Hanging Tomato Cage, as you can see the liners are just falling apart. SO...

I used a couple feed bags to give them a makeover
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
I use my feed paper bags to line my dog crates because my dogs chew, shred or totally demolish any bed I have ever given them.
Trash bags are a given around here, too.
I use the plastic fiber feed bags for lining my coop walls. It looks like wallpaper!

Last edited:
I use them for all kinds of stuff, garbage bag in coop shed, sunshades on coop windows, along bottoms of mesh coop walls to keep bedding in the coop and out the rest of the shed.

I sewed a large bag (straw bale size) to hold a bale from spreading all over the shed after the twine is cut.
Can grab a flake or two and the rest stays contained in the 'bag'.

Better bale bag...the first one was too big.

I have one with both ends cut off and cut up the side for a 'drop cloth' in case I have to kneel or lay down on the ground in the run or on coop floor to fix something....
......guess it would be a 'droppings cloth'..hahaha!

Back
Top Bottom