Post your ''Other'' Uses for feed bags

They make great covers for my 3 x 6 brooder/tractor. Newest brain storm: cut them into appropriate sized pieces, and use them to stuff "sock babies" for the puppy. She loves her sock babies stuffed with water bottles. They make a very satisfying crunchy sound, but she chews through them at the mouth of the bottle. I think the crinkly feed bags will last a bit longer. I may make some babies out of feed bag stuffing with some tougher duck or canvas type of material for a cover.

They make great covers for my 3 x 6 brooder/tractor. Newest brain storm: cut them into appropriate sized pieces, and use them to stuff "sock babies" for the puppy. She loves her sock babies stuffed with water bottles. They make a very satisfying crunchy sound, but she chews through them at the mouth of the bottle. I think the crinkly feed bags will last a bit longer. I may make some babies out of feed bag stuffing with some tougher duck or canvas type of material for a cover.
Cut off the hard mouth/neck of bottle?

Last edited:
That would just leave a sharp edge that would cut through the sock.
Cut the top, and maybe bottom, off, leaving just the straight cylinder.....
...would still be crinkly but not hard or sharp enough to cut feed bag 'sock' between bottle and teeth.
Might depend on that kind of plastic bottle you are using, most are pretty flimsy in the middle.
Just an idea.

I have one with both ends cut off and cut up the side for a 'drop cloth' in case I have to kneel or lay down on the ground in the run or on coop floor to fix something....
......guess it would be a 'droppings cloth'..hahaha!

I never have enough laundry baskets in the laundry room to transfer wet clothes from washer to dryer. Works great to lay a feed bag on the floor, dump the wet stuff onto it, drag it over to the dryer opening, and then transfer the clothes into the drier.

I use them to keep wild birds out of my coop by creating a screen across pop door.

Back
Top Bottom