Post your ''Other'' Uses for feed bags

I use them as a plant barrier covered with mulch or rocks in areas that dont need water seeping to plants. This spring I made two cushions for outside chairs. The stuffing stays dry as the rain cant get in. A down side is the sun has bleached the colors so they arent as pretty to look at so I plan make new ones. I made one set from the bird seed bags and was very pretty too.

I've been using mine to collect fallen branches for kindling

I use them for all kinds of stuff, garbage bag in coop shed, sunshades on coop windows, along bottoms of mesh coop walls to keep bedding in the coop and out the rest of the shed.

I sewed a large bag (straw bale size) to hold a bale from spreading all over the shed after the twine is cut.
Can grab a flake or two and the rest stays contained in the 'bag'.

Better bale bag...the first one was too big.

Nice, Aart! I used some for planters, but found that they totally disintegrated by the end of the summer. Still a workable plan, as the soil can just be dumped back into the garden, and the bag tossed into the trash.

I took several empty feed sacks and stuffed them with straw and stapled them closed. Then I toss them into the run for the chickens to lounge on.
Who would have thought chickens would enjoy plush cushions to lie about on?

I dunno if this has already been said, but in winter I use them to put any dead chickens in.
sickbyc.gif
Hoping I don't have to use any as this year my flock is almost all new pullets.
fl.gif

also, I've heard you can turn feed bags into tote bags.

Hubby just made a roof to go over the nest box to keep the youngsters from sleeping on the edge of the top boxes. It's set at a 45* angle, and lined with the tarp type feed bags to make for a slippery surface to shed both poop and youngsters!

I found that cutting them and using them as plastic on my coop stapled up as wind block workers great. It might not be pretty but it's better than buying plastic. Also it held better during the ice storm. Those bags are tough.
I also learned to cover a few things, like my latch, after the first one and just allow the bag to drape over it

Back
Top Bottom