Post your ''Other'' Uses for feed bags

Quote:
Very interesting! I would assume you are using the plastic type rather than the paper type.

Would love pics. The one with the bamboo handles sounds cute.

The paper ones work as pots. Sort of like a peat pot, but you do have to handle them carefully, once they've been wet, for a few days. I am using them for transplants, which I am giving to rookie gardener....She can just stick the pot in the ground.

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

I use my feed paper bags to line my dog crates because my dogs chew, shred or totally demolish any bed I have ever given them.
Trash bags are a given around here, too.
I use the plastic fiber feed bags for lining my coop walls. It looks like wallpaper!

Last edited:
I have two saved up for next years flower bed. Hope they keep the weeds out. Although, I may need a feed handbag before then. Thanks for the ideas!

Quote:
I make them as well. Just like the ones you make. I have given a lot of them away. I also use my bags on the floor of my chicken coops. I put pine shavings over them or hay......... which ever is available. Makes clean up easier. Youc an also clean the bags and reuse them. When they are used up I through them away. I also use bags to line the back of my SUV. Also great for garbage that rips plastic bags.

They work great for earth bag construction. You can build everything from raised planter boxes to houses out of earth bags. If you have a good mix of clay/sand soil like us, the fill is already on hand. All you need are the feed bags, some barbed wire, and some stucco mix or lime plaster (also made from good clay/sand mix and lime) to finish the completed structure with. I am currently saving bags to build a "storm proof" barn. If we need more bags when we're ready to begin the project, we'll buy recycled woven poly bags off ebay. Not only will the barn be extra strong (think army bunker strength) but we'll be using all recycled and local materials, a win/win in my opinion.

Quote:
Very interesting! I would assume you are using the plastic type rather than the paper type.

Would love pics. The one with the bamboo handles sounds cute.

The paper ones work as pots. Sort of like a peat pot, but you do have to handle them carefully, once they've been wet, for a few days. I am using them for transplants, which I am giving to rookie gardener....She can just stick the pot in the ground.

I've done this with newspaper... I've got a little wood two-piece wood form that's used for making newspaper pots the size of peat pots... they're great! as you say, handle carefully, but they work perfectly and are planted right with the plant. the shaker idea is brilliant for bigger ones.

Back
Top Bottom