Post your ''Other'' Uses for feed bags

Pics
Chic-n-farmer, I'm going to make my first tote out of 3 bags I've saved.

What size needle do you use? I'm just worried that I'll be breaking sewing machine needles a lot. I wish I still had my serger - but that was lost in the floods after Katrina.

I wish that I knew how to sew.
hit.gif

X2

I haven't read through the whole thread, so I don't know if something like this has already been posted. I once went to pick up a chicken (forgot a box again) and the guy put some slits in and old feed bag and in went the rooster.

DMCamm has her feed back sacks, purses, etc. on here for sale. I bought on of her purses with the pink feed sack and it is awesome. Dooney and Bourke eat your heart out.

I just started to make a pink valence for my coop window out of the Purina pink woven sack. I cant wait to put it up. how funny will that be?

I used the last 10 bags for a ceiling in my coop. I had insulated the shed and used the cut open bags as a type of 'wallpaper' for the ceiling. Being plastic, it will hold out moisture as well. I gotta take a few photos.

I cut out strips of the pink and blue bags to put on a pine tree constructed cross that I have on two of my passed away girls graves. Call me mushy I know.

Chic-n-farmer, I'm going to make my first tote out of 3 bags I've saved.
What size needle do you use? I'm just worried that I'll be breaking sewing machine needles a lot. I wish I still had my serger - but that was lost in the floods after Katrina.

I just use your regular all-purpose needle. I have found that a straight stitch is best for everything except attaching the handles. I'll PM you my # if you want me to talk you through it.
smile.png

"I just started to make a pink valence for my coop window out of the Purina pink woven sack. I cant wait to put it up. how funny will that be? "

I used to think curtains in a chicken house were silly.... but not anymore!! I love this Idea!
clap.gif

I'm going to make some for my hatching and brooding house! Thanks for a great idea.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom