Post your Pop Door (and lock) pics

I know how you feel, i think it's awesome too. BYC is awesome.
big_smile.png

showme69--
Love, love, love your cutting board pop door! Way past awesome!!
clap.gif

Yes, I know this post is from a while ago, but just saw it & had to comment. :)

Last edited:
Our Pop door has a sliding door that is in a channel inside the coop, operated witha pully system that I access from outside the coop. The weight of the door keeps it down and the trim on the outside makes it difficult to pry it up from inside the run....we hope!

Last edited:
Here's my 2nd pop door and 1st automatic opener and my first post, wish me luck :)
fl.gif

I won't even post a pic of my 1st pop door, it was just a hole in the ancient coop I spent an hour one day attempting to redo. I just slapped up a couple scrap pieces for guides and tiny plywood scrap (8"x8") with a string pull. Never really worked but started my research ...
Then this fall I started my very first coop building project - a pallet palace :) I'm not finished yet and hope to post on the Coop Building page when finished this spring. But we did get it closed up enough to move in the chickens by then end of January.

Heres the pop door, "Treehouse" green with "Blue Ridge" on inside of trim and "Brilliant Blue" I plan to match on the window trim.

We will have to come through here with wheel barrel or sleds some times so added
the hinges to be able to pull up the ramp and get it out of the way when need be.

I've been digging through BYC site for over a year now for ideas and got it in my head I needed an automatic opener but didn't want to pay for a prefab. Then I found on the site "Automatic Pop Door Opener" with great step by step plans and all the pictures. I followed the plan and did it! Thanks BYC!

I got all the parts located or ordered on ebay, wired them together and sent my Dad a text that it was working but before he even looked at the pictures I emailed him...

he was here to help with the installation.

This is project complete
highfive.gif
and it works! I have it hooked up to a timer to open and close - (still trying to figure out or fix the digital photocell timer). My chickens free range and are now out every morning at sunrise and I can watch from the warmth of the house. We still go out most nights, do chores at dusk, and round up the chickens that that are in the old roosts. But the door closes after dusk no matter who's in or out.

Back
Top Bottom