8 mm yugo german capture mauser
british enfield 303

all in a safe...welded to the structure...except the one in the picture
that one is by my side 24/7 cocked locked and ready to rock

couple of 22.s and dont forget the shottys
12,20, and 410

Last edited:
Depends what the predator/pest is...
Anything from .177 air rifle, Ruger 10/22, Marlin 17 hmr, Ruger New Vaquero .357 w/ rat shot, Glock 23 .40 s&w, Ruger Mini 14 .223, Ruger Scout Rifle .308, but rarely use shotgun.

6.5x55 swede mauser
m 1 carbine
smith corona 03a3
308 semi auto
30 30 winchester
savage 300 mag
8 mm yugo german capture mauser
british enfield 303

all in a safe...welded to the structure...except the one in the picture
that one is by my side 24/7 cocked locked and ready to rock

couple of 22.s and dont forget the shottys
12,20, and 410

I like you!!!! What do you feed your Swede? Mine likes 123 gr Lapua Scenars for 300m work and 140 Nosler CCs for 600 yard XTC.

Last edited:
nosler hpbt 160 grain with imr 4895.. i use berdan primed swedish gallery wood bullets..pullled them down, and reloaded them
the powder i use in my 30 30 with extreme plated bullets 150 grain..they said it could not be done...so i bought a chrony
and worked it up.....
in my k98....i bought pre 70's iranian surplus. 180 grain FMJ ammo...i punch a hole in a RR track plate [1/2" steel] at 100 yards.. 1/4" deep dents at 200
what you chooten?

what are you reloading on? i use a 50 year old herters single stage...

thanks Kjanda..for the responce..sounds like you like to shoot a little also?

Last edited:
If I had more time and money that's all I'd do, lol. Part of my bachelor party was spent at the indoor range. Hunting is my favorite, though: deer, dove, turkey, duck, etc. Predator is fun but it's usually because we have a problem rather than go out as a hobby: hog, coyote, bobcat, (rarely any foxes), skunk, coon, possum, etc. Crow hunting is a blast even though I haven't done it that much. I was on the 4H shooting team back in the day and we were always shooting skeet, trap, 5 stand, and such- haven't done that in such a long time, either. We may have to meet midway in Louisiana and throw some rounds, haha!

I live on a few acres,,,that back up to a national forest..my back yard is 20 k acres of woods so stepping outside a shooting is no problem

those pictures are
taken standing at the kitchen window...you see those 2 red things? 100 yard and 150 yard targets...you see a deer walking around?

look at target to the right...just below it...she is standing there..

Last edited:
Dang 20,000 acres... It's real easy to shoot here, also. We only live on 10 but have land of 18, 40, and 54 acres but that big of a forest must be something to see! With that one sitting at your 100 yd mark that's like fish in a barrel, haha!

yeah,, but i have a problem...the wife is a self proclaimed game management animal lover game warden..will not let me shoot an animal with in 100 yards of the house
or its the couch for me.....but she does not know I stepped off 101 yards to my deer stand..
...all seriousness, i try to not fool with the deer close to the house...i only hunt away..kinda give em a safe place to be
cause we .....accidently...pour corn on the ground and forget to pick it up
that is not against the law,,,feeding the deer is. LOL..where are you in texas? i used to live in houston...ugly town
and in austin...actually Buda tx..

Last edited:
Haha! Yall can't use a deer feeder? Guess that means food plots, edge of cover, and not leaving the stand during the rut. I'm in La Grange, between Austin and Houston. Austin is a hellhole. I don't think I'll ever be surprised by all the crazy crap in that town. I've only been to New Orleans once but talking to people it's kind of similar to Austin and San Francisco.

Sounds like a pretty sweet arsenal you have there! I have such a hard time picking a favorite gun. I've got funnest to shoot, most accurate, best looking, most success with, ... it's hard to pick just one

im into milsurps...they are cheaper than brand name,,but way more accurate..
no we are not allowed to feed em,,but every body does, about 3am, crawl up in your stand. and watch the tater sack..long about 530 am..something is going to be looking for breakfast...ck out http://forums.gunboards.com/ if your into that kinda stuff..good people
i kinda hang around the reloading area. if i aint busy else where

Back
Top Bottom