Post your straight-run M/F ratio, let's see if hatcheries are honest

I bought six sexed to be pullets from MPC and got 3 roos!!!!!!
he.gif

Quote:
I have to take a Sadistics course in the fall at Cape Cod Community College, after having last taken a math course in 1981. I'm scared pooless. Would you be my tutor?

Quote:
To me it is a question of honesty. Straight run should be pulled randomly from the incubator before any sexed chickens are pulled, just like you said. Otherwise they are not straight run.

I don't do the Cornish cross meat birds. Out of curiosity, are the Cornish crosses sex linked, maybe a dark Cornish as the father and a White Rock as the mother? If the person pulling the chicks can tell what sex they are by color, then that says a lot about the honesty of the hatchery.

While this will not count in your meat bird statistics, I ordered 6 straight run Speckled Sussex and got 4 roosters and 2 pullets. I also ordered 6 Straight run Buff Orps and got 7 pullets. Even the packing peanut was a pullet. The order was from Cackle.

25 "SLOW" cornish cross from Privett, straight run, 8 roosters and 17 hens.

BTW, never order the slow ones as they are very slow. I am at 12.5 weeks and barely 4 lbs processed weight.

26 CornishX from Welp, thinking 11 male and 15 female but was sure I had 50/50 when I first got them (at least I tried feather sexing
idunno.gif
) so we'll see when I butcher.

I ordered from Oak Hill Hatchery in Iowa and got 12 roos and 13 females Cornish X. I love this small hatchery. Very reasonable prices too. I got these in May and am getting ready to order for their last hatch date which is Sept. 7th I think. They need 5 weeks lead time on this.

24 cornish roasters (not x) from McMurray...straight run....9 males 15 females.

Which, if anyone is interested...I was very happy with going with the roasters. We processed at 9 and 10 weeks. All were large roasters. We had no health problems from them and I did not remove their food. They just pigged out, pooped and slept.

Back
Top Bottom