POSTER GOT ME WONDERING--FEED SURVEY???

Nutrena.. Layer Pellets and Meat Bird.. Always fresh and consistent quality....
I used to go to the mill and get mash but my chickens wasted alot of it.

* Cool! Right now my 2 are on a blend of crumbles: 1/3 Purina Layena 16% to 2/3 Country Acres Poultry 2O% (I got a 5O# C.A. bag free with Miss Perky!)

Last edited:
Quote:
I agree with this post. I use Nutrena Layer Crumbles. I tried the Tractor Supply brand "Dumor" When I ran out of the Nutrena Layer Crumbles, ( my feed store was closed) but my birds didn't seem to eat it very well.
jumpy.gif
love.gif
pop.gif

Purina Layena.......

For the Roos 50% flock raiser and 50% organic feed that a feed store mixes

Start right or organic chicken starter (same feed store...their mix). It depends on how bad of shape the chicks are when i get them. I bought 20 from a feed store (not my local ones!) and every chick in there was wounded. A cat had gotten in their brooder...little ones dead in there too. They also had icky butt and the brooder was registering at 120 degrees. All the lights were on them and it was a 100 degree day! They got vitamin water (sometimes a little baking soda instead) and the medicated start right.

I have used Nutrena, Purina, and ADM (pen pals), as well as local scratch mixes. I have had good success with ADM's Game Bird Breeder, Nutrena 20% layer pellets, and Purina's Flockraiser. I personally like the feeds higher in protein (than the 16% layer feeds commonly stocked).

I was feeding Seminole's Eggmaker, but the chickies seemed to be backing off the feed. Now Im trying a mixture of Purina Flockraiser and Layena, since I also have young chickens in the coop. They definitely seem to like it better.

Purina Layena.

I have used Nutrena also, but if anyone out there wants to try this, switch to Purina 2-3 bags and you will see an improvement in egg quality.

Back
Top Bottom