Pot Belly Pig Questions

Alarry31

Chirping
Jan 13, 2022
Virginia
So I am getting three boys. And have some questions and since I love BYC. And now even more since there are pot belly pig threads. I wanted to know if my three boys coming today. I plan to build a pig house out of a IBC tote with a heavy duty mud flap door. And possible running a.

Second question has anyone ever feed there pig alfalfa or timmothy hay pellets. I don’t have acces to great hay right now. And will be feeding them dumor mini pig food but I know they need extra fiber. And have seen people say they havee this. But can’t find straight either of these that say they are for pigs. So just looking for help.

Attachments

• B3DA3BD2-48DD-41AF-A38A-FFD543FCADBE.png
    B3DA3BD2-48DD-41AF-A38A-FFD543FCADBE.png
    847.3 KB · Views: 45
  • 42EF0FA1-77D1-4583-B8DD-885E7C75FAF1.jpeg
    42EF0FA1-77D1-4583-B8DD-885E7C75FAF1.jpeg
    555.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 5B79954A-34B6-47DB-BFB9-EF5F67C2ACA2.jpeg
    5B79954A-34B6-47DB-BFB9-EF5F67C2ACA2.jpeg
    942 KB · Views: 5
Yes
Is the little one the black and white one?
no the all black one and me and the wife are worried to death about him bc he has shown zero interest in his pig house and it’s 19 degrees I put straw in his pen cause of the ice but we are worried bout the cold.

Yes

no the all black one and me and the wife are worried to death about him bc he has shown zero interest in his pig house and it’s 19 degrees I put straw in his pen cause of the ice but we are worried bout the cold.
I'm sure he'll be fine. When I got my goat she showed no interest in her house either but then a few days later I went out and she was in it.

CC2279F9-C106-4CAB-9EFC-B5466AA202C5.jpeg
I'm sure he'll be fine. When I got my goat she showed no interest in her house either but then a few days later I went out and she was in it.
Well we brought him inside we couldn’t sleep knowing he was laying out in twenty degree weather he wasn’t to mad and didn’t scream has as much as I thought he would spoiled pig alert. Question is are we gonna get her to sleep.

Well we brought him inside we couldn’t sleep knowing he was laying out in twenty degree weather he wasn’t to mad and didn’t scream has as much as I thought he would spoiled pig alert. Question is are we gonna get her to sleep.
Oh wow! You must be nicer to your pets than I am. My goat was in -20 like a week ago🤣

Put that pig back outside.
It’s okay. It knows how to survive.
It doesn’t need to be in the bathroom.

You'd be surprised but small pigs can actually handle cold (and heat) better than large pigs. I wouldn't leave one out without shelter in below freezing. Until it gets used to it's supposed to sleep in it's house at night you might have to lock it up at night. Bringing it in the house is gonna teach it that is where you want it to sleep.
Remember pigs are really smart and if you reinforce bad habits now they are hard to break. Think I remember them supposed to have the IQ or something like a 3 or 4 year old kid. I see ya got a lil one already so you know how much trouble they can get into and how hard it is to stop bad habits. Unless you want a house pig put it out.

Back
Top Bottom