Ends 3/18, QUESTION:SHOULD VOTING BE EXTENDED UNTIL THE END OF THE MONTH TO BENIFIT LATE ENTRIES?

• YES

Votes: 18 72.0%
  • NO

Votes: 7 28.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pics
To me the terminology is a gray area. I don't really fully understand the wording. I believe that what you are talking about is to help OTHERS. But in my situation, it appears that I would be helping myself.
Uncharted territory as far as contest promotions are concerned. (Administration approved contests)
I THINK it would be a problem if you were selling stuff and blasting links to your "for sale" page all over the place. What do you personally have to gain by promoting a tie breaker? You are just doing something to make life a bit more fun for some people and at a not inconsequential cost to yourself (and DH) in both time and money.

I guess I would only mention it on "Random Rambling" threads where there is no set topic, wouldn't put it in a topic specific thread like Australorps or Emergencies, etc.

Right. And there are a LOT of people who go out and buy chicks and don't know what they are doing, and, it seems, how to search forums for answers.
Or lack any desire to try to search or even read the ones they find. Lots of little threads asking questions about things that have already been dealt with dozens of times. I have no problem linking to a thread that I think has quality information on the subject.

I posted a link and asked for people to come over and vote.

Attachments

• 20180326_082250-1.jpg
    20180326_082250-1.jpg
    325.8 KB · Views: 6
Or lack any desire to try to search or even read the ones they find. Lots of little threads asking questions about things that have already been dealt with dozens of times. I have no problem linking to a thread that I think has quality information on the subject.
Before I even joined BYC, I figured out how to search thru threads for the best answers. There are the BYC pundits, whose wisdom is gold, and there are the less experienced giving questionable advice.

Back
Top Bottom