Potential toxic plants

Only about 1% to 2% of mushrooms are toxic, and only about a dozen are fatal. Opinions vary, but only a small % are dangerous.
Yep, we had several mushroom types pop up in and around our yard last summer/fall. The chickens never bothered with them.

Usually if they've eaten quite a bit of something unhealthy for them..they will have diahhrea..last winter my girls were pecking creeping buttercup around the outside of their fencing. Our acreage has quite a few places with it. It was green..it was winter. They had a big area to forage but had pecked it down. If you are worried about poisonous weeds get a weed foraging book. It has poisonous mimics and edible stuff..I forage myself.. it's been a while. When getting into farm animals knowing what to eat and what to leave be is good. I doubt it was a plant that did this..

Usually if they've eaten quite a bit of something unhealthy for them..they will have diahhrea..last winter my girls were pecking creeping buttercup around the outside of their fencing. Our acreage has quite a few places with it. It was green..it was winter. They had a big area to forage but had pecked it down. If you are worried about poisonous weeds get a weed foraging book. It has poisonous mimics and edible stuff..I forage myself.. it's been a while. When getting into farm animals knowing what to eat and what to leave be is good. I doubt it was a plant that did this..
Yes probably not any of my plants which great! It had to be something else the rest of the flock is doing well no problems, it has been 2 weeks :( still sad when i look at her photos. She was the boss / leader of the flock. Thank you for the reply

Back
Top Bottom