Poultry Auction Palmyra, Nebraska

I just called Sharon and told her I was talking to you on the chicken forum. I think I may have met you once and you were talking about being upset because one of your dogs was loose on your own property and was taken to the pound as a stray. A doxie maybe? Was that you? I'm not sure.

Sharon lives across the street from me. I wasn't sure if she was going or not. I sent her an email early this morning to be sure she knew about the coyotes that were between her house and mine. I haven't had a reply from her but now I know she is going too. We will all find each other there I am sure. Any idea if she is bringing her horse trailer or is that too dangerous a temptation for her too?

Quote:
No, I think she's just bringing the truck. I should mention to her that they are going to have some spotted donkeys.

Last edited:
I missed one of the questions. Yes, that is me at war with the humane society. They started crap again this year and it didn't work out very well for them. If Sharon hasn't mentioned it I can give you the story on Saturday.

I will be there in my pj fleece pants probably, lol, I cant find any of my jeans since the move and they are the warmest thing I have!

I have 6 eggs from my lovely BBS roo that got killed if any of you want to hatch. I HATE to hatch this time of year but he was killed by a dog about 10 days ago, and am collecting all the eggs I get from the hens.

They would either be pure orp or orp/cochin cross. Speckledhen and I figure that my roo was the grand baby of Suede, and the hens were not related to him, they are very pretty birds.

Let me know and I will bring them and just give them to whomever feels like hatching. Here is the thread that shows his picture. I really miss him.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=256562

Last edited:
OK, who went and what did you end up with??
I didn't get to go, I had a female booked to breed, and her progesterone test on Friday said she should probably be ready Sunday, so they drove from MN. yesterday to drop her off, couldn't not be here. So please don't tell me there were some really nice call ducks there, I will be sad!

Oh Dutchhollow, I wasnt in the market for call ducks but I did see quite a few auction off, fairly cheap. Some white ones for $4.

My hubby kept phoning me to bring some ducks home for eating...I cant do that, duckies are just too cute. lol

I didnt buy anything and left early, only stayed to see what things were going for. I really am wanting a peagirl that is pied or black shoulder, so one at the poultry show but he wanted $35, a little steep. He lives in Iowa quite a distance, so might still need to get in touch with him.

I have two four month old males and really need a girl, but it can wait til spring. All they had were male peacocks, one pretty I THINK was a black shoulder but he was big, so probably older and I didnt see what he went for. No peahens or girl peachicks at all.

Chickenwhisperer, how much did those button's go for, they were so cute, I especially liked the champaigne colored ones. Congrats, I saw your birds, didnt realize they were yours, as I had them written down, but left way before they got to them.

The auction went REALLY slow for the first half anyhow...

Jody, what did you and Sharon and Julie buy? I saw you got the Mille Fleur girls. I meant to say goodbye but I got just too cold and the smell was gettting to me. I have asthma and can only take so much of it.
sad.png

What did the spotted donkeys and the llama's with the babies go for if anyone knows, they sure were darling.
smile.png

I still have my orp eggies, now 10 if anyone feels like firing up a bator.

I went home with 22 pigeons and two little black banty hens. I didn't catch the prices on the hoofstock but a lot of them were a no-sale since the bids were lower than what the seller wanted.

Back
Top Bottom