poultry/gardening-therapy.

Loopeend

Crowing
Jun 12, 2018
I'm going through a fase.

As child I had a good life, but a lot of not-so cool stuff with older men that wanted things that shouldn't happen with a child.
Puberty was good.
Later in life, adultlife, I met 'bullying'.
It didn't make it better when I suddenly got severe epilepsie at 27 that lead to a few allmost-dead situations on the ER. I got a LOT of people who were sure (the 'friends' who were in fact bullies) that I just acted like I had that disease for attention.
And again abusive partners in different horrible manners.

I understand know that I let myself get bullied due to events in my youth. I never learned that I am worth something; so I act that way. I don't leave when getting hit, raped, bullied; I think it is my fault and try to be nicer so they will stop. And stay. For years. And let them do it to me.

This has come to an end.
I said goodbye to my 'friends' that I had for years, who are in fact my bully's. But I didn't want to see and tried to make them like me, see me, and neglecting myself and the people who ARE good people; I was too busy to make change their biased, unfair, unkind, prejudices.

Getting away from them also meant getting away from social media and focus on my own things. I miss a lot of social events now; they are on a lot of social events in this town. But this town is big enough to find new, nice, friendships. I feel lonely now; but it will pass. I think I 'culled' 90 procent of my 'friends' so this is a whole other summer vacation then before.
Due to that I also had to do other stuff. That is how I ended up in poultry and gardening.
I never imagened I liked it so much.
I kinda, well, due to finally focussing on the people that were nice to me all these years, but I neglected, rolled in to it because they liked gardening. And fishing. And Poultry. Their hobby's I allways neglected because I neglected them.

I was wondering if other people on here have a simular story; finding poultry/gardening as a hobby by being forced to really look at your life and yourself and what is important for you.

Thank you for sharing your story. I think it is healthy for us to have relationships that if we nourish them they flourish. This is the relationship I have cultivated with nature,my garden, my plants, my poultry, my pets. All of my animals have come to me at times in my life of personal crisis. It's a way that I cope. My husband is supportative. He says that my adoption of and caring for animals is better than me adopting a drug habit. I once adopted a dog when I had a relationship turn abusive and I ultimately struck out on my own. I got my ducks when I was going through stressful medical issues and lots and lots of testing. There have been others over the years. It is good to have something positive and productive to pour your energy into.

Thank you for sharing your story. I think it is healthy for us to have relationships that if we nourish them they flourish. This is the relationship I have cultivated with nature,my garden, my plants, my poultry, my pets. All of my animals have come to me at times in my life of personal crisis. It's a way that I cope. My husband is supportative. He says that my adoption of and caring for animals is better than me adopting a drug habit. I once adopted a dog when I had a relationship turn abusive and I ultimately struck out on my own. I got my ducks when I was going through stressful medical issues and lots and lots of testing. There have been others over the years. It is good to have something positive and productive to pour your energy into.

Thank you for sharing. I am still wondering if people that have encounters with 'human', it does not have to be like what I have had happened, but also some pressure to do/be/act/have sooo much, is a reason for some to grab to nature again. I'm from the genearation that baby-boomers say 'those millenials!' But I'm not a millenial...But my baby-boomer parents think I am, all young people are the same, 16-40 years old; ALL milennials.. and all I want is to live like their parents :')
More simple. I KNOW I will die sooner due too lack of health-care when living like that. If lucky; it will only be that 991 will take 10 minutes more to arive. But I rather die early working for my own direct food, grown/butchered/hunted myself, with people around me that have interest in me, then be a desk-person, colleagues don't knowing my name while working for years at that place, coming home in my sad home, ordering a pizza, pizza-delivery person is my highlight on social interaction, I try to create some nature growing some herbs on my balcony... bleh. ( I have been on both sides). And no, it has nothing to do with my own interactions with people. Because the other people also feel pressured and busy.

Back
Top Bottom