Poultry Lice

niki090909

In the Brooder
7 Years
Oct 7, 2012
So I've cleaned my coop and dusted my Trio with Seven. Dusted the coop and threw some DE on for good measure.

I've been reapplying the Seven and DE every couple weeks. Done so twice.

I'm still seeing some of the bunches or egg clusters or whatever they are on bottom of his feathers. The Seven dust won't get rid of that, right? That just has to go away with time and him cleaning, etc? How am I suppose to know when I have this problem licked?

The eggs are cemented on, so they are not going to come off. The eggs will go when the feathers go, but the eggs have long hatched and been killed if you've been treating for several weeks. You only really need to treat twice, and it's pretty hard on their respiratory system (and your's! wear a mask). I'd say you're covered ;)

Well there is a good chance we're all going to suffer from some sort of respiratory issues, but dang it we're bug free! LOL I did it outside in the open and did my best to not let either of us breath it in. They didn't fight at all so I was able to wiggle the dust down to their skin without them flapping all over the place.

I know with fleas they are extremely stubborn and you have to treat over and over and over and then over again. Wasn't sure how stubborn these lice were. Glad to know I probably nipped it in the bud.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom