Poultry Management Software

Poultry Pal is a free download from this site. It works on iPhone and android but is not yet formatted for the iPad. I downloaded it and looked it over but don't know enough about what is needed to track a flock well. I'd be interested to know what you think about it.

http://www.southernstates.com/apps
I downloaded the app to my Android phone. I haven't done much with it, but one of the first things I noticed was that it doesn't have any of my breeds listed...

Interesting, what breeds do you have that aren't listed? I have contacted the software vendor and they seem very interested in improving their product and seem to appreciate feedback.

update on the southern states app:

it has erased all of my data twice now since downloading. unsure why. just opened the app, and both times, all the saved data (egg count and a couple of test chickens had been entered) was gone.

i have to give SS credit for trying to create something useful while tying it to their store. it's a good idea. that said, it's hard to recommend this app - - it's very basic and unstable. perhaps with time they'll improve their effort(s).

I contacted the vendor with your comment and got the following response:

"The company we built the app through doesn’t seem to have any solutions for the instability issues, so we will be transferring the app to a different company in the coming year (as well as building a couple new ones!). I’m going to forward this particular comment on to them, as they need to be aware that it’s still an issue. Data should absolutely NOT be erased like that!"

Their new version does save the chicken data. Gad, you'd think that would be a major test item before releasing a product.

Good day,

How many fowl do you guys & girls need to manage?

I know of a system that is being relaunched within the next week or two. It is fully online, user friendly, can manage various breeds, and has a string of functionalities and Reporting.

It was originally used to manage large farms producing over a million chickens per day, but the developers are streamlining the process and products so ANYONE can use it. (...I've got some inside info... shhhhh!)

Let me know what you need and I'll find out more. As soon as they've launched I'll add their details, website, costs, etc.

smile.png

Back
Top Bottom