Poultry Swap & Sale Ocala, Florida February 20th Updates post #22

Great! Can't wait for the swap! Very excited and I'm making a list of stuff I want
smile.png

Quote:
I hope it's a really big list...
lau.gif

If you let us know ahead of time what you are after, we can then make sure we have it with us.

Okay, I'll figure out what we need
smile.png

Still looking for a Call Duck and show quality birds.....

Quote:
I hope it's a really big list...
lau.gif

If you let us know ahead of time what you are after, we can then make sure we have it with us.

I'm going to have to go through the list and remove about 90% of it... else we'll be owing money...
lau.gif

Quote:
Hahaha... Now that Ra_ has told me Jake's favorites, I doubt he'd be susceptible to your hotdog bribery.
tongue.png
Plus, he'd miss his girlfriend too much... despite their initial dispute in the carrier, Jake and the Orp have been inseparable (That is, when he's forced to be outside, like an animal, lol). I think it's because she's huge and the other girls try to stay out of her way.
lol.png

big_smile.png
We had a great time...Even thou I was a (little out of it) I had fun too. Got to put faces to bycer names. Thanks for hosting the swap Eric and Le. I am sure I will be buying more stuff from you again at another swap...might be come a habit..The bottles just LOVE to walk away...lol

We got a few new birds this time 3 tiny marans, 1 silkie roo, and 2 dozen eggs. And we got a bear carving as a birthday gift for father in law and he just got a real kick out of it. But the real funny thing is my mother in law was and had been looking for one almost dead up looking like for the past 5 months for one and was unable to find one.

See Chicken Swaps you can find all kinds of things even things that don't eat just take up space
lol.png
(and is really heavy) Hubby wants to buy another one for us now. Where are WE suppose to sit it at? lol

My neighbor gave me a BR hen with a broken leg-he was expecting me to fix it and give her back. But we just fell in love with her, she wants to be with us all the time and she's very personable, and fit right into my flock after living on my patio for a month. Anyway, last week I told him that her leg would always be weak, and his roos weigh 12 pounds and 17 pounds, and her leg would not hold up to that weight, so I could keep her and give him another hen.

I got a hen from Nava and took her over there, even tho we wanted to keep that hen as well, LOL.

The hen layed an egg in my car on the way home. I put it in the fridge. Nava said it could be fertile. I took it out, waited 12 hours, and put it in the bator. It's going to be exciting to find out if it hatches!

This was my first swap and I had a great time. Thanks to pampered pullet.
Thanks fluffy butt for the two JG and EE babies.
wee.gif

Thanks also to conch for holding the BO roo for me. He crowed the whole 2 and half hour ride home.
lau.gif
Thanks to pamper pullet for the two mix pullets. They are so tame they come right up to me and let me pick them up.
ya.gif

Thanks also to Nava. The EE hen I got from him also laid a beautiful green egg when I got home.
woot.gif

Sorry I didn't post sooner I had to build a pen for the BO roo and EE hen because my white roo is not getting along with him right now but they are getting better.

Back
Top Bottom