poured in my life can't it stop? Dads Gone9/25/10Gmas Gone10/31/10

the blue berry muffins come out of the oven.. and they look good enough to eat
smile.png
lol. i hope the nurses enjoy them.

Don't blame yourself for the decisions you made for your kids that's your job. be there enjoy the time you have with your dad and I am keeping you and your dad in my prayers. hopefully the meds and surgery will give your dad sometime to do those things he wants to do, I would sit DH down and talk to him about what it means to have your dad come stay with you until he gets better or leaves this earth. I am sending healing and positive thoughts your way hang in there and remember we are here if you need to talk. I just wish I had a dad, I see the way my DH is with our kids and realize how much I missed not having a dad. so be thankful that your have this time with him... sorry about your chickens hope you get your coop built and all goes well with them.

i did want to update and say that DH came home yesterday (from dropping pjs off for my oldest DD) and he drove home from the old place with a chicken in his hand. so we are up to 8 chickens now. we KNOW one is dead. but not the rest... not sure. ugh. i hate the not knowing. they could be starving for all i know. grrr. this really.. p***** me off. stupid neighbors dog. I hope to get closer to done with the coop today(later after going to see my dad) and tomorrow night. im hoping anyway. i dunno how else to get my coop done. i gotta see my dad but i gotta get the coop done so the chickens aren't stuck in a cage.

I hope he feels a little better. You need to feel a little better too, sweetie. He asked you to bring muffins and you did that.
All you have is now-do what you can now and fell good about it. He will not feel any better if you feel guilt about something that does not matter now anyway. Spend your energy where you and he will get the most bang for your buck!
Take care of yourself, dh, kids and clucks too.
Your family is in my prayers,
Bridget

I went ot see him. kids passed out the muffins. he seems down today. he looks different today too. Puffy. and down. i took him some word search things. i told him ilove him and if he needs anything.. and my mom asked him if he needs anything(they aren't married.. never were) and that she's gonna go down to see him with her hubby tomorrow. on the way home i stopped by my ex b/fs parents house to tell them. (my oldest DD's grandparents) and i find out that my oldest DD's great gramma is not doing well(back in jan, they only gave her a few hours to live after a stroke) so.. they have to make a decision.

im still lost. confused, hurting deep. DH doesn't comfort me. won't say a word. i dunno what to do or who to talk to. and i have to go to work tomorrow. this ought to be interesting. ugh.

Sometimes life rains, pours, and then the hail starts... you seem so young for all this trouble. but strong. Your chickens and their coop will be important in the future. For now simply do what you can. Most of us have had to work during a family crisis or illness. We do our job, keep the home going , and deal with DH who seems to not care. Men mostly don't know what to say or do.

Have you a recorded family history? Ask your Dad about his parents and grandparents. Ask what he did when he was a boy. This might take his mind to a better place. Please- write his memories on paper/ recorder for your children. That might be a time for your children to ask Grandpa questions. He will love it if he is the blueberry muffin kind of guy.

I tried for many years to make peace with my birth and extended family. In the end, when I found Peace in God, I found Peace in me.

Prayers and best wishes,
Margie

Back
Top Bottom