poured in my life can't it stop? Dads Gone9/25/10Gmas Gone10/31/10

I dind't get to see him today. but my brother told me(he gets the info for me
smile.png
) that the tumor/mass is shrinking already. and they tried to take his breathing tube out but went into distress so they didn't take it out. hopefully soon. my oldest DD's b-day is sunday. id like to take him something to nibble by then
smile.png
even if it's a pudding lol. he says he's so hungry. my oldest DD's grandparents went to see him today..well, her grandpa. went ot see the other grandpa. lol. it was nice of him to do and im happy. i m sure my dd will be too. and then my mom is going to see him too. I'm feeling a bit better today. work got my mind off it but a lot of people were asking questions. but that didn't bother me. i think i feel better with the news of the shrinking ya know? tha'ts all i have for now. ill update more
smile.png

i saw him yesterday. no more throat tube. he has this divers mask lookign thing on. he was breathign on his own.. though he was breathing hard. he also got to eat jello. and he drank milk. i haven't seen him today but my brother txt me to tell me that they had him sitting up in a chair. No more pampering for him LOL. he still looks scared.. though im not sure if he's scared or if it's from the different meds he's on. i can't get a minute alone with him. ugh. makes me mad. i wanna spend some time with him and ask some questions so i can have some answers to medical things. anyway, i can't remember anything else that was too important. i just konw that it sucks that it took this to get my siblings to step up. i know that i wasn't a great daughter. but i at least wanted to help. he basically has not much. my sis and i are gona get him some clothes, and things. cuz his pants are all too big now. and his last package of socks were the wrong kind. and with no money he can't buy new. maybe shoes. i don't even know what sizes he wears anymore. ugh. i gotta go find his clothes and figure it out from there. so he can at least have a clean set when he gets out of the hospital.

Went to see him today. Sore throat again. I feel awful for him. He can't even have a drink of water. they say it's safety issue? and it takes 1/2 hour to get some throat spray? ugh. im just tired of hearing that he has a sore throat. This whole thing is just terrible. I want him to be comfortable and i want him home. I just want this all over with. im exhausted. Im a wreck. i cry a lot. i miss my dad. i miss him calling me to bug me. I miss him telling me his fishing stories. I miss him being there when i need to talk. i can't imagine what it will be like without him. There isn't much else to say. they did say he was admitted with respiratory failure. and that he will be getting more chemo in a couple weeks. i just don't even know where the doctors stand at this point. they are just trying to get him stronger. he is very weak. it's wierd considering just over a week ago he was fishing. i hope things start to look up faster. he's on oxygen. that's what the divers mask is. i do'nt have much else right now. being able to write this all down.. it does help some. thanks everyone for reading. i need this.

I am so sorry about your dad. I lost my dad when I was 17, three days before my HS graduation, and I know what you are feeling. BUT, it sounds like the chemo and radiation is working, and that alone is enough to make him weak and feel bad. Where will he live? I know this is not probably a possibility, but do you know anyone who has a nice little camper they would let you borrow and he could stay in it on your property, without "being" in your house. That way everyone would have their space and your kids could still have their grandpa!! Check into agencies that might be able to get him housing without any rent. He needs to get started on disability too, if he already isn't on it, because that will relieve his mind on insurance and get some money every month too. He may be super stressed on not knowing where he is going to live once he has to give up the apt., and that will cause him health issues also.

The stories he has to tell are priceless to you. Write them down for your kids and their kids. Take pictures, ask your relatives for any they might have and start making an album. This is so theraputic and such a legacy to leave your kids. When my mom was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer she and my oldest sister took every photograph she had ever saved and gave them to her sister's if they were in them, or had copies made so everyone could have one and put the rest in albums with who they were and when written in my sister's gorgeous handwriting. My brother has the big tote on wheels at his house, and its time I went to get them. My nephew has moved back here from Omaha, and he needs to know his mom's legacy. It doesn't sound like much, but it would also get your dad involved and he would have even more stories.

Thoughts and prayers coming your way. I know it seems like life just keeps whacking us when we are already down, but you just have to believe. The Secret might help you, such lovely thoughts and ways to keep positive.

Back
Top Bottom