Power is off!!!!!

ozark_chickies

Songster
8 Years
Jun 19, 2011
Arkansas
Got eggs in my bator, and the ^%$ power has been off for a hour! Got it covered up with blankets, but the temp has dropped to 88 degrees.
he.gif
These arn't even my eggs, they belong to another BYC member, who's chickens were killed by dogs
sad.png
. These were the last eggs those birds laid, and to make it worse they had been in the refridgerator.....so we were already expecting a low hatch rate.
rant.gif
Just had to rant, I feel so helpless here, as there is nothing I can do about it.

This is my biggest fear.. I have an invertor for my car that we use on long trips, so my back up plan has been that I'd just very carefully carry the incubator to the car and plug it in there with the car running. My power went out last week and I was watching the temp in the bator like a hawk.

HOPE YOUR POWER IS BACK UP NOW!!!

I have heard of people on Byc putting eggs in their bra or otherwise nestled against their bodies during emergencies.
There is just enough body heat and moisture to protect them.
Too many eggs could be a logistical problem though.
How many are there?
Or maybe an insulated picnic cooler with a hot water bottle as a warmer?
What would McGiver do in this situation
Gotta get creative.
My fingers are crossed for their survival.

I have heard of people on Byc putting eggs in their bra or otherwise nestled against their bodies during emergencies.

Too many eggs for that
sad.png

Power is still off, and we don't have hot water, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed we have it soon.Called power co. and they said we would have power soon,but that was before my first post. May have to cook supper on the camp cook stove. Could heat water that way.I have one hour of battery left on the laptop, then no BYC
sad.png
to read.

Back
Top Bottom