Powercut on Day 18

So left for work and left the chick in the incubator to fluff up. Checked back just there and no others have pipped and all the water at the bottom was dried up. Put more water in and took out the fluffed up chick. Has the humidity dropped too much for the others do you think? Should I try candle them?
I'd give them another day before you candle. Hopefully they're just a bit late. Fingers crossed!

I'd give them another day before you candle. Hopefully they're just a bit late. Fingers crossed!
Woke up this morning and I have 1 that's started zipping and is chirping away but the beak looks like it's doing a eating motion so I've read she's still absorbing the egg yolk. Then I have 3 more that have pipped. Fingers crossed I have 4 beautiful chicks when I get home from work today. They are just slowed than any other hatch I've ever done.

Woke up this morning and I have 1 that's started zipping and is chirping away but the beak looks like it's doing a eating motion so I've read she's still absorbing the egg yolk. Then I have 3 more that have pipped. Fingers crossed I have 4 beautiful chicks when I get home from work today. They are just slowed than any other hatch I've ever done.
That's great! Slightly lower temperatures throughout incubation can cause later hatches sometimes.

Is this chick stuck in his egg? I took him out to check if he was alive because I think he's been trying to hatch for a while. Put a small amount of water around the membrane to help. He was moving a good bit in the egg trying to open it. Couldnt see the beak

JPEG_20230329_151929_3876152863263570854.jpg

How is the chick now? Yes I would finish the zip for this chick if it was the same one as earlier.
So I did help it out. It is sleeping alot now. Moving a bit but hasn't stood up or anything. Is it too weak now or is that normal for an assisted hatch? But another problem is there were others that pipped in the incubator and I'm worried opening it will affect their hatch now as well.

Back
Top Bottom