PPBA Show in Stockton, CA in January?

I have to play it by ear, but I am definitely interested in exchanging cell's if I go! What are you looking for in Call Ducks, I have two extra drakes that are first generation pied.

I would be afraid to "browse the cages" with either one of you!
smack.gif
"I saw it first!" "I touched the cage first!" I called it!"
gig.gif

Quote:
Agreed!
smile.png

I'll be probably spending the night before because I'm probably showing...boy that's a lot of probablys! Mary what about you and Kelly, my friend Dyann shop? I don't have a shopping list...I don't NEED anything

Quote:
Really now, Mary? And you, too, Cheryl? I thought we were friends!
lau.gif
Honestly, if someone else wanted something I wanted I'd probably give it up to them because more chickens is the last thing I need (if I'm honest with myself). It would make a good excuse to say "No!" and I can always use an excuse to say no if there is one.
tongue2.gif
The only reason I'm treating it so seriously is because that's how the sales barn was last year. You should've heard the 4H moms coaching their kids outside the sales barn before it opened. "Figure out what you want and stand by the cage! Don't move until we've bought the birds you want!"
gig.gif
And because it's fun to have a wishlist and help keep an eye out for other people's wanted birds.

Speaking of which, Mary, I still need to get a couple more Icelandics from you! My two BOYS (yeah, the two that got killed were the pullets and the two remaining are both boys--go figure) are going to need some Icelandic gals eventually.
smile.png
Drop me a PM any time, if you don't mind me coming to visit and check out the birds you have I'd love to do that sometime at your convenience. Also, just to see your birds in general because I love meeting peoples' flocks!

Last edited:
LOL Kristin you know we love you! So I guess while there is nothing I NEED I should put together a wishlist. Having never been to a show I have no idea what to expect...are the birds in the sale barn grouped by breed and color?

Well, I have to say, I hope that wouldn't be the case!! We see that at shows a lot, lot's of show mom's.
smile.png
I want my kids to learn and have fun! If you don't have fun, what is the point!!

I'm about 30 minutes from the show, so I'll be there early. Can we all meet up for coffee and to wander the sales cages?

Quote:
You should! Mostly so I have something to hunt for for you.
wink.png
(It's better for me to look for birds for other people instead of myself!
gig.gif
)

Each breeder will usually have all of their birds in adjacent cages, so that sometimes groups some of the same breed together. That said, the birds are all sort of spread out at random so you just want to go and look through all of the cages because any area could have the birds you're after. It's not that large of a room, but there are definitely quite a few birds in it! And it's good to go several times throughout the day, oftentimes there are birds coming and going and suddenly something new will be there.

And no one ought to worry, the sales barn is a lot of fun even if it is a little intense at first!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom