PPBA Show in Stockton, CA in January?

That's fine
big_smile.png
I have never been to a chicken show before the fair was pretty small this year it would be neat to experience it
smile.png

If you're thinking of buying birds, plan on being there bright and early to get the first pick! Sales barn opens at 7 AM. That's why I'm getting a hotel this year--leaving at 5 AM and making the two hour drive was a little difficult!
smile.png
It'll be much nicer to be able to "sleep in" until 7 AM this year.

Quote:
Nope, afraid not. It's a "show up and find out" type of sales area. All kinds of things show up in there, though, brace yourself for a lot of variety and interesting critters. Everything from common breeds to gray junglefowl and swans and geese and bantams (LOTS of bantams!) and LF and rare breeds. Lots of fancy, beautiful birds. It's quite fun to explore, really--I must have walked around the sales area one hundred times!

That said, we can always arrange sales on here and post what we BYC members have available.
big_smile.png

I know I have a gorgeous pure white serama cockerel who I may bring along. I'm asking $35 for him. I think he has show potential and I can post pictures if desired! PM if interested--I'd love for him to go to a BYC member.

I'll bring along fertile eggs of the following to the show if anyone wants some: Pure serama, large duck (rouen or black swedish/rouen mix), guinea fowl (pied father, potential mothers are pearl or lavender), coturnix, or mixed bantams (will be pretty OEGB or sumatra mixed with ???, will produce some pure OEGBs). Just PM me if interested, I'm flexible with prices and I'll bring as many of what you want as I can. I can incubate any of the above and bring you chicks if preferred, but you've got to tell me far enough in advance for the chicks to hatch by then!
wink.png

Well I'll be hunting for Wheaten & Blue Wheaten Ameraucana pullets/hens. If anybody sees any holler for me and I'll come running to them!

I can't say officially how much anything will cost, but last year I think the average price per bird was around $25. At least, that was what I paid for most of the birds I bought. Some were definitely less or more expensive than that, though, obviously.

Also, I'll be going in the sales barn right when it opens probably, so if anyone wants me to look for specific birds when it opens, perhaps we can trade cell phone numbers a little closer to the show? That way we can keep an eye out for each other and call each other if we spot what the other people are looking for. I'll probably make a list before the show of what I'm looking for for me and what I'm looking for for other people so I can keep track.

I'll be looking for serama hens and maybe a rooster (picky about seramas because I have several, but interested in looking), definitely want some bantam sumatra hens if there are any, crele and maybe porcelain OEGB, silver penciled bantam wyandottes or plymouth rocks, and bantam buff-laced sebrights or polish. (Not expecting all or even definitely any of those to be there, and if none of them are there that's fine, but that's sort of my "wishlist.") I'll also be looking at call duck and black east indie pairs, but I know some of those will be there and I'm picky, so I don't need help looking for those.
wink.png

I hope I don't come home with nine chickens like I did last year!
hide.gif
I'm aiming for coming home with, say, three or four chickens and maybe a few call or black east indies ducks if some are reasonably priced and capture my heart (one pair or trio of each, max). More than that is dangerous, but...uhhhh I guess we'll see what shows up there and how well I'm able to restrain myself.
lol.png
roll.png

Last edited:
Kristin, I plan on being there right when the doors open at 7 AM! Do you want to browse the cages together?
smile.png

I'll specifically be looking for Wheaten/Blue Wheaten Ameraucana, Wheaten Penedesenca, Dark/Mahogany "Heritage" RIR, Delawares and whatever else may catch my eye... I'm only leaving that barn with 2 birds at most though.
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom