PPP Serama

racuda

Songster
11 Years
Oct 1, 2008
North Carolina
In May, I bought some Serama eggs from Darlene at Picture Perfect Poultry. She is a very nice woman who sells eggs on eBay and eggbid.

They hatched on June 1, so they are almost 4 months old. From 8 eggs, 4 hatched - 3 boys, 1 girl. Their weights range from 340 grams to 470 grams. None of them have the elusive "extremely short" back.

Comments are welcome!
big_smile.png

Here is the pullet. Normally she has a very upright tail, but now she is missing a few tail feathers.
e168491b.jpg

Roo #1:
91f5a98b.jpg

Roo #2:He is smaller than the other 2 boys
b0520062.jpg

Roo #3:
824068b2.jpg

They aren't perfect but that pullet looks like a nice quality bird. The cockerels are not as good. Very pretty though!

Thanks!

I'm leaning toward keeping Roo #2 to pair with the pullet and see what they can produce. Their faults as I see them are not chesty enough, less than vertical wing position, and backs not short enough. The roo #2 has some soft feathers in his tail.

Roo 2 is smaller and his back is shorter. Roo 1 has a better tail and although color doesn't count, I really like his champagne saddle feathers. I've changed my mind several times between these two. Maybe I should just buy one from BluegrassSeramas?

Back
Top Bottom