Prairie Bluebell Cockerel or Pullet?

My "mystery" chick from Hoover looks alot like yours. The order included 2 PBEs which I've been assuming (you know what happens when you assume) are the 2 white speckled ones directly behind the black and white chick. However, the mystery b&w chick has a pea comb but the 2 assumed PBEs have a regular (altho very small) comb. They're about 13 wks old in pictures except the "baby" photo of mystery chick. View attachment 3534993
My "initially presumed" PBE was in the brooder marked PBE so I assumed that's what I have, however, after reading others comments I'm not sure🤷 Your pullet does look very similar to mine please share what color egg you get when it starts to lay.

I sure hope she lays! Any time I mention the mystery chick my sister sends back a gif of Foghorn Leghorn strutting.... 🤣

Just curious if your PBE ever laid or if your sisters gif was correct 🤣 Mine started laying last week very nice blue eggs
Oh, I'm jealous of your blue eggs! 😁 Wanna see!

Well.... she hasn't laid yet but she hasn't crowed either so I'm taking that as a win so far! LoL , she's gotta be a girl or the slowest developing rooster ever!

5/9 of my girls have started laying, couple more are close to laying, however, I suspect she'll be the last one just 'cause she's that ornery! 🙄

Oh, I'm jealous of your blue eggs! 😁 Wanna see!

Well.... she hasn't laid yet but she hasn't crowed either so I'm taking that as a win so far! LoL , she's gotta be a girl or the slowest developing rooster ever!

5/9 of my girls have started laying, couple more are close to laying, however, I suspect she'll be the last one just 'cause she's that ornery! 🙄
IMG_20230812_171116856.jpg

Here is her egg it looks a little bit darker blue in the picture but is about 1-2 shades darker than my EE lays

Back
Top Bottom