Prairie Bluebell Egger Gender

Kjm279

Songster
5 Years
Jun 16, 2018
Minneapolis, MN USA
I’ve got two PBBE’s. They’re approx 10 weeks old. One seems like a definite pullet, but the other has me confused. I cannot find online what a PBBE Roo looks like and I can’t find any PBBE in this coloring at all.

‘Her’ spur nubs are pointier and harder than her siblings and he comb, face, and wattle are much redder. Her feathering is pretty much identical outside of the coloring.

This is Sombra. I’m pretty sure she’s a hen.

AA591B3F-7738-4041-93B0-B9EC0F8F6CA0.jpeg

This is Beatrice. She’s the one I’m unsure of.

6CCA4BA4-EDD0-446E-93C8-FD178075BC97.jpeg

They’re around 8-9 Weeks in these photos. I’ll get some newer pics of them later today. Bea looks redder in the face now than in this pic.

I’ve got two PBBE’s. They’re approx 10 weeks old. One seems like a definite pullet, but the other has me confused. I cannot find online what a PBBE Roo looks like and I can’t find any PBBE in this coloring at all.

‘Her’ spur nubs are pointier and harder than her siblings and he comb, face, and wattle are much redder. Her feathering is pretty much identical outside of the coloring.

This is Sombra. I’m pretty sure she’s a hen.

View attachment 2659526

This is Beatrice. She’s the one I’m unsure of.

View attachment 2659529

They’re around 8-9 Weeks in these photos. I’ll get some newer pics of them later today. Bea looks redder in the face now than in this pic.
Honestly, they both look like pullets to me. Prairie Blue Bell Eggers are a hybrid designed by the hatchery. They are a mix between several breeds not sure which ones, because of this you will not see any consistent appearance. This is why you couldn’t find any photos.😊

Honestly, they both look like pullets to me. Prairie Blue Bell Eggers are a hybrid designed by the hatchery. They are a mix between several breeds not sure which ones, because of this you will not see any consistent appearance. This is why you couldn’t find any photos.😊

They’re supposedly Ameraucana and Leghorn. They came from the same hatchery, but I’m not sure which one. They’re from a local farm & garden store (family owned, not big box) and they order from two different hatcheries.

They’re supposedly Ameraucana and Leghorn. They came from the same hatchery, but I’m not sure which one. They’re from a local farm & garden store (family owned, not big box) and they order from two different hatcheries.
Probably some other breeds in there as well. Leghorn is dominant white and the chicks would be all white with possibly some colored flecks from the other breed depending on the color of the other breed. In any event they both look like girls!😊

Back
Top Bottom