Pratt's Pets

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by McIntosh2019, Aug 11, 2013.

1. McIntosh2019

McIntosh2019 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 11, 2013
    I always buy my chickens from the stock shop in Arizona, but then I heard about Pratt's pets. On their website, it lists the names of chickens that they always have, but do they get other breeds other than the ones listed??????

Thanks guys!!!!!
    [​IMG]

2. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Pratt's orders chicks form hatcheries (not sure which ones they use; you could call and ask) and purchases adult and sometimes started birds from local breeders, so what they have in stock can vary quite a lot depending on what people want to bring in and sell. They often have peacocks and pheasants, sometimes turkeys, usually pigeons of various breeds. I saw emu there once. Usually rabbits and cavies, finches, cockateils, parakeets, some parrot species, etc. Don;t expect exhibition quality birds, the breeders that sell there usually sell their culls.

It is a great place to take the kids, but I'd avoid Saturdays--way too busy.

3. hensandchicks66

hensandchicks66 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 10, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    Me and my family go to Pratt's quite often. That's where we've gotten some of our laying hens. We also got a baby pair of peacocks from there about 2 weeks ago. I've also bought parakeets, diamond doves and button quail there as well. We also buy our quail food there. Great store. In awnser to your question we've gone in their and they've had Polish chicks and Egyptian Fayoumi pullets ( we have a few, but we didn't buy them there) only once though. They do have quite an assortment of bantams there and a few baby roosters. They also sell juvenile and adult chickens. It just depends on what you're looking for.

4. flgardengirl

flgardengirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2009
    Sunny side up :)
    This place is near my mom's house. I will have to tell her about it.
    I wish I could find a feed store near me that sold baby peachicks!!!

Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
  5. JanaHut

JanaHut New Egg

Feb 10, 2015
    Hi - I believe I am taking 3 5 month old silkie mix roosters to Pratt's this Saturday. What do you think will happen to them? They told me on the phone that people adopt them - but really? I just don't want them to end up fighting somewhere... (not that I think they'd be very good at that!) We already have 1 rooster and we let them have chicks once and sure enough - 4 out of six of them turned out to be roosters. I already got rid of one of them. anyway - please reassure me the roos won't come to a bad end. Eating them is ok if it's a humane death.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by